The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Albo's $300 Vax payments are a pretty safe bet at the moment...can't pay out what you can't roll out.
ScoMo has been on the ropes for months and the first we hear out of the opposition leader is this daft shit? Labor are going to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again if they keep serving up candidates as weak as this.

(I note this isn't just an Australian problem either. The UK Labour leadership is equally as uninspiring right now. )

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
ScoMo has been on the ropes for months and the first we hear out of the opposition leader is this daft shit? Labor are going to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again if they keep serving up candidates as weak as this.
The ALP's complete capitulation on tax reform last week just shows how confident they are of winning the next election (i.e. none). This cash grab is just feeble window dressing to attract attention.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

(I note this isn't just an Australian problem either. The UK Labour leadership is equally as uninspiring right now. )
I meant safe as in...it's $300 nobody has to spend. The ScoMo retort was pretty weak too. At the moment people not wanting to get vaccinated aren't much of an issue...it's the inability of people to get vaccinated.

I happen to agree with you though, it's pretty weak to sit back mouth shut and not have anything ground breaking to say on significant issues. It's the mouth shut tactic that the libs have used against various labour leaders over the last 20 years quite successfully. ScoMo and his clowns have given up plenty of ammo, just need to take well targeted pot shots.

The ALP's complete capitulation on tax reform last week just shows how confident they are of winning the next election (i.e. none). This cash grab is just feeble window dressing to attract attention.

Populist at best.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I meant safe as in...it's $300 nobody has to spend. The ScoMo retort was pretty weak too. At the moment people not wanting to get vaccinated aren't much of an issue...it's the inability of people to get vaccinated.

I happen to agree with you though, it's pretty weak to sit back mouth shut and not have anything ground breaking to say on significant issues. It's the mouth shut tactic that the libs have used against various labour leaders over the last 20 years quite successfully. ScoMo and his clowns have given up plenty of ammo, just need to take well targeted pot shots.

Populist at best.
You spoke too soon, had a chuckle when I had seen this.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Afghanistan is a disaster but then it's always been. Nobody's ever been able to establish any semblance of law & order beyond that of hardline sharia on the part of the Taliban and even then it was only just loosely governed with local warlords really calling the shots.
Successive US Presidents have been kicking the can down the road but it had to stop eventually.

Personally, I think the ease with which the Taliban has retaken control has been a deliberate move by the US. Rather than keep supplying an under-staffed and poorly motivated Afghan national army to fight a bitter and most likely futile civil war that could rage for years, the US has elected to rip-off the band-aid in the hope that it'll be long forgotten by the time the next US Presidential Election rolls around in 3 years time.