The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Remember when you go outside and look around, half the people you see voted for him and agree with what he says.
Like I’ve said a bunch of times, I gave up on Australia at the last election. We’ve followed America down the road of creating a deliberately misinformed and wilfully ignorant populace and this is what we will continue to get.

Get used to it. Labour won’t win the next election.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Wouldn't necessarily bet the farm on that. Howard looked pretty impregnable in 2006...

The pandemic was a blessing in disguise for Scomo but a lot can happen in 12 months and while voters are seemingly willing to forgive almost anything for a Government that makes them feel "safe", if we are all plunged back into rolling lockdowns (largely due to Federal mismanagement of the roll out and messaging re vaccines) his popularity will plummet. No State Govt. - not even a Liberal one - is going to carry the can for this.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Wouldn't necessarily bet the farm on that. Howard looked pretty impregnable in 2006...

The pandemic was a blessing in disguise for Scomo but a lot can happen in 12 months and while voters are seemingly willing to forgive almost anything for a Government that makes them feel "safe", if we are all plunged back into rolling lockdowns (largely due to Federal mismanagement of the roll out and messaging re vaccines) his popularity will plummet. No State Govt. - not even a Liberal one - is going to carry the can for this.
None of that matters. The media will tell the masses what to think and they're all too dumb to not lap it up verbatim.

Not nearly enough people care. Its a dumb and selfish society, made that way because its very profitable.

Minlak

custom titis
Like I’ve said a bunch of times, I gave up on Australia at the last election. We’ve followed America down the road of creating a deliberately misinformed and wilfully ignorant populace and this is what we will continue to get.

The problem is media - people overall if you ask them would think they are informed. Most people just don't know that Facebook and Mainstream Media are not unbiased sources.

I thought Labour was done in our state election that happened during lockdowns and they won with a bigger margin ./shrug -

*Edit
I was meaning in reference to the sitting govt getting back in

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Who doesn't love a good culture war?

View attachment 376972

What a fucking twat.
Are you guys on fire now as well? What a shit run of luck!

He really has fucked this up from the get go. I am constantly shocked that the people haven't seen through his smoke screen. How do we not have an effective quarantine system yet? Why are Australians constantly being left overseas to struggle rather than repatriated? Why are so many people still not vaccinated? how have those unable to work been left in poverty? He is a totally useless cunt. I hope some of his ambitious colleagues take inspiration from Barnaby and roll him.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Are you guys on fire now as well? What a shit run of luck!

He really has fucked this up from the get go. I am constantly shocked that the people haven't seen through his smoke screen. How do we not have an effective quarantine system yet? Why are Australians constantly being left overseas to struggle rather than repatriated? Why are so many people still not vaccinated? how have those unable to work been left in poverty? He is a totally useless cunt. I hope some of his ambitious colleagues take inspiration from Barnaby and roll him.
Murdoch, that's why. very few, if any, journos who are able and willing to call #ScrotuMo and his LNPshitstains to account.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Political history has, and will forever more, show that we as humans, refuse to be bent by reason or argument. Nothing has ever been achieved without coercion or moral bribery.

We might think that we are smarter? We might believe that because we can voice our opinions on forums such as this, that indeed our voice is louder. And so it may be. But no one is listening.

Not until the fear of losing comes along, will the politicians raise their heads from the trough to see which way the masses are walking. Then, as they sprint to the front of the line, screaming “follow me”, we will dutifully fall in line for 24 hours, believing once more a change is as sure as the new dawn. And then we will hit the ‘repeat button’ and return to the blaming of everyone except ourselves.

Marcus Aurelius knew it…and that was over 2000 years ago.

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”