The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Labor

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Nationals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Independant

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • The Reason Party

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • One Nation

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

rockmoose

Likes Dirt
You can all calm down. Scotty has it sorted. We're going to hit net zero emissions by 2050 using the animal spirits of capitalism.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

Deleted Banned Moderatuuur
Staff member
Wow that is close, I saw it was 8,0,0 early on and expected the land to slide into the Tasman sea. Interesting.

Halo1

Likes Dirt
Wow that is close, I saw it was 8,0,0 early on and expected the land to slide into the Tasman sea. Interesting.
How close was the polling. I am in NSW and got 2 calls about this election. I decided to play along and responded as a old male lefty on one and a female conservative on the other. I hope I made a difference ha ha

Dales Cannon

Deleted Banned Moderatuuur
Staff member
How close was the polling. I am in NSW and got 2 calls about this election. I decided to play along and responded as a old male lefty on one and a female conservative on the other. I hope I made a difference ha ha
No idea, only heard it was happening yesterday.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Meh, it's France, they're always 12 minutes away from a solid riot. The scars of occupation, colonialism and the 1968 conflagration run deep (as the article suggests). If Le Pen forms a legitimate threat again all the other parties will just form a coalition against her again like in the last election.

The German example is more interesting as it points to a dearth of identity imo. Arguably, they're so (justifiably) mortified by their past actions that they're reluctant to demonstrate what their "identity" actually is, so instead there's a constant schism between left and right, urban and rural, Berlin and the south (etc. etc. etc.)

Also, they're resettled something near 1 million Syrians and others in the past few years? That's going to take a while for all concerned to adjust to.

Haakon

just a slapper
Applying for a job in Germany for 6 months. I won’t get it, but it would certainly be a gamble on how long this keeps going for!! Might get stuck there at this rate

Halo1

Likes Dirt
So the Australian populace don't mind the Indian travel ban?
Seems that way. It is just an extension of the ridiculous state border closures and recognition that we still have a failed quarantine system.
I am pretty shocked that we are turning a nation of heartless bastards.