The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Labor

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Nationals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Independant

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • The Reason Party

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • One Nation

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The ol' looking like you've done something, without really doing anything...
It takes a bit of heat out of the situation. Plus Reynolds needing so much time off currently is pretty compelling evidence that she's not up to the job right now, particularly for such an important portfolio.

I had a chuckle at this from the ABC:

Porter is set to remain Industrial Relations Minister, but lose the title of Attorney-General given the conflicts of interest involved in the first law officer mounting action against the ABC in the Federal Court.

Duh

ForkinGreat

Random Krishna
Yeah, but without doing anything to address the cause of the issue. Announce an independent inquiry, they'd have my attention... But this achieves nothing other than making it look like they're doing something.
pretty much. #ScrotuMo and the LNP are like a conman fooling passers by on betting where the ball is under one of 3 cups, except the cups seem to be transparent now, and we can see the con for what it is,
and with each passing day #ScrotuMo and the LNP are more desperate to convince us that everything's ok. Meanwhile, the media sense blood in the water, and the contenders for the pm's job are circling.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
What I don't get is why women, who are the majority, don't punish the fuck out of candidates at the polling booth. If women voted as a bloc, it would be a piece of piss to launch a new party and wipe the floor with the incumbents.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Internalised misogyny. Unfortunately it's a powerful force.

ForkinGreat

Random Krishna

Not only was Andrew Laming MP BULLYING women on Facebook, he Also STALKED ONE OF THEM.
An apology from that shitstain doesn't begin to be adequate for his criminal behaviour.

I see that the cowardly little turd turned off comments (and deleted the MANY rage comments) on his FB page today, just like ALLEGED RAPIST CHRISTIAN PORTER did.
#LNPshitstain

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Random Krishna
#ScrotuMo's latest shart re backgrounding Brittany Higgins' family and partner to the media.

(essentially.. No-one complained to my chief of staff Phil Gaetjens, who has done such a great job of obstructing, and stonewalling Senate Estimates committees on what the fuck actually went on re the alleged RAPE of Brittany Higgins in a cabinet ministers office in parliament house, and why the fuck there was a situation with an unconsious naked woman, and a man who left the building in a screaming hurry, where the cops should have been called immediately, but Parliament house security are told to back the fuck off and turn a blind eye when they see anything even remotely dodgy)

Halo1

Likes Dirt
I still find it strange they were let inside the building at those early hours when she was clearly intoxicated. The culture must be so bad there that security are so far removed from questioning anything that goes on. It must be party central by night.
Contrast that to when they banned people rolling down the grass hill because that was too much of security risk.

Jpez

cancelled Easter
I still find it strange they were let inside the building at those early hours when she was clearly intoxicated. The culture must be so bad there that security are so far removed from questioning anything that goes on. It must be party central by night.
Contrast that to when they banned people rolling down the grass hill because that was too much of security risk.
I heard a guy on the radio talking about when he worked at Parliament House as an intern. He said it wasn’t at all unusual for people to be different stages of drunk at all hours of the day.
Sounds like a fine place to work.
Somehow I think our elected representatives aren’t taking their positions of power seriously.

ForkinGreat

Random Krishna
I heard a guy on the radio talking about when he worked at Parliament House as an intern. He said it wasn’t at all unusual for people to be different stages of drunk at all hours of the day.
Sounds like a fine place to work.
Somehow I think our elected representatives aren’t taking their positions of power seriously.
Oh, they take the power seriously, they just don't feel any duty of accountability and responsibility to the People of Australia.