The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't think he can ever get convicted of rape because the victim needs to file the complaint against the creep, and this person is now gone for ever.
People close to the victim have come out about details of the alleged rape, I don't really know if they have much to do with politics. It's also on record, I can't remember the exact words he used, but he made a statement at a school debating contest along the lines of "lawyers are as useless as a women's umbilical cord".

There's an obvious culture in the Canberra bubble that needs to be addressed, if any type of allegation is made like this, it needs to be taken more seriously not responded with "she’s a lying cow" or "you should have been flattered", are we still living in the 80s? You got to lead a country by example and the reptilian overlord governance was meant to go out the door years ago.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I don't think he can ever get convicted of rape because the victim needs to file the complaint against the creep, and this person is now gone for ever.
People close to the victim have come out about details of the alleged rape, I don't really know if they have much to do with politics. It's also on record, I can't remember the exact words he used, but he made a statement at a school debating contest along the lines of "lawyers are as useless as a women's umbilical cord".

There's an obvious culture in the Canberra bubble that needs to be addressed, if any type of allegation is made like this, it needs to be taken more seriously not responded with "she’s a lying cow" or "you should have been flattered", are we still living in the 80s? You got to lead a country by example and the reptilian overlord governance was meant to go out the door years ago.
That's the thing I don't understand. Why are we focusing on Porter when there can never be a conclusion when the people who threw Brittany under the bus haven't been held to account?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That's the thing I don't understand. Why are we focusing on Porter when there can never be a conclusion when the people who threw Brittany under the bus haven't been held to account?

perhaps because cp is an easy person to hate, and the media coverage has focussed there, drawing some attention away from Brittany Higgins' situation. BH's alleged rapist has bolted, and physical evidence was obliterated by complicit parties at the time. #ScrotuMo and the rest of the LNP shitstains are blocking and deflecting as per their standard OP for anything they want to go away.

Flow-Rider

Burner

It's a very dark cloud hanging over Porter's head considering the position he holds which he totally denies, but wouldn't you also want answers or justice if this was your friend or family member, I would? I'm not familiar with the laws around rape but some groups are going to lobby for change of the laws after victims are deceased, I suppose Porter has somewhat control over that.

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
minister made a retraction -which is more than an apology -and paid out an unspecified sum [obviously tax payers paid for it]

the alleged perp = still working as consultant for libs apparently, shows the party quality

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
the alleged perp = still working as consultant for libs apparently, shows the party quality
From what I've heard he was fired and is currently in a medical facility - checked himself in apparently.

It's hard to know much more than what we do currently. It's a criminal investigation now so we may not hear anything more for months unless more allegations emerge.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
High levels of cringe watching that. "Women are facing incredible levels of oppos-"I MUST GET MY KEY POINTS DICTATED TO ME BY THE GOVERNMENT ACROSS RIGHT NOW REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH OF A FUCKWIT I LOOK LIKE. SHUT UP KITCHEN UTENSIL I AM SPEAKING."

Hate sounding like a perpetually outraged Twitter addicted flog but they just. don't. get it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
High levels of cringe watching that. "Women are facing incredible levels of oppos-"I MUST GET MY KEY POINTS DICTATED TO ME BY THE GOVERNMENT ACROSS RIGHT NOW REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH OF A FUCKWIT I LOOK LIKE. SHUT UP KITCHEN UTENSIL I AM SPEAKING."

Hate sounding like a perpetually outraged Twitter addicted flog but they just. don't. get it.
They get it. They jsut don’t care.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
From what I've heard he was fired and is currently in a medical facility - checked himself in apparently.

It's hard to know much more than what we do currently. It's a criminal investigation now so we may not hear anything more for months unless more allegations emerge.
Unsubstantiated rumour has it that he was quietly sent back to his high-profile Hillsong parents in Texas.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
But is anyone going to hold him accountable? Fucking douche juice.
remember the words of Elie Wiesel

Take sides, keep hammering the evil shitstains who are corroding our democracy - the LNP are hoping that the people will get distracted by some TV or social media crap and move on to the next distraction. Don't let these cunts off the hook. Don't let them wriggle out of this shit.
Keep the evidence of their crimes and coverups in their faces, and they will reach a point where they will climb over the corpses of their fellow MPs to save their own wretched hides.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

View attachment 373463

Take sides, keep hammering the evil shitstains who are corroding our democracy - the LNP are hoping that the people will get distracted by some TV or social media crap and move on to the next distraction. Don't let these cunts off the hook. Don't let them wriggle out of this shit.
Keep the evidence of their crimes and coverups in their faces, and they will reach a point where they will climb over the corpses of their fellow MPs to save their own wretched hides.
But I feel very neutral about this...setting of beige alert! Fuck me their recalcitrant behaviour and total disdain for human decency leaves one a bit weary.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

View attachment 373463

Yeah except this isn't just a partisan LNP problem - it's evidently endemic across Parliament in every major party. Even the Victorian Greens have been identified as having "toxic cultural problems" and rampant misogyny. Labor seem better at actually recognising there is an issue but I'd say it's pretty unlikely any party is going to make election propaganda out of this. They all have too many skeletons.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah except this isn't just a partisan LNP problem - it's evidently endemic across Parliament in every major party. Even the Victorian Greens have been identified as having "toxic cultural problems" and rampant misogyny. Labor seem better at actually recognising there is an issue but I'd say it's pretty unlikely any party is going to make election propaganda out of this. They all have too many skeletons.
What I don't get is why women, who are the majority, don't punish the fuck out of candidates at the polling booth. If women voted as a bloc, it would be a piece of piss to launch a new party and wipe the floor with the incumbents.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What I don't get is why women, who are the majority, don't punish the fuck out of candidates at the polling booth. If women voted as a bloc, it would be a piece of piss to launch a new party and wipe the floor with the incumbents.

Yep. Fiona Patten's Reason Party would be well positioned to take advantage of such a movement.

It definitely looks like certain members of parliament aren't aware women can vote.