The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'll admit I'm ignorant on this one past the headlines, but reading that am I correctly I terpreting that the "no" camp is campaigning on the basis that the progress is not progress enough, so no progress is better?
Yes.

I'm actually a bit surprised that indigenous Australia is happy to settle for the consultation model, rather than having reserved seats in parliament like NZ.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yes.

I'm actually a bit surprised that indigenous Australia is happy to settle for the consultation model, rather than having reserved seats in parliament like NZ.

Could this be seen as a sympotom of the largely shit educational outcomes for indigenous Australians or is there some sort of bluff trying to be played out?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes.

One step at a time. Going full reserved seats would get all the Karen's and Kevins on TV and arseface complaining. Baby steps. Too late I agree but baby steps.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As I gong local I really can’t support the voice and I continue to mtb ride at MT Keira ignoring the calls of the local aboriginal groups to not ride there. They already have a voice and it is being ignored by all you lot that ride there.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
One step at a time. Going full reserved seats would get all the Karen's and Kevins on TV and arseface complaining. Baby steps. Too late I agree but baby steps.
Pretty much.

As I gong local I really can’t support the voice and I continue to mtb ride at MT Keira ignoring the calls of the local aboriginal groups to not ride there. They already have a voice and it is being ignored by all you lot that ride there.
The tracks are illegal, it is shit to ride them for everyone, especially mountain bikers who don't ride illegal trails, and you should stop. NPWS manages the land, they say you can't ride there. The Indigenous people are only part of the reason, and not the only ones being ignored.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty much.

The tracks are illegal, it is shit to ride them for everyone, especially mountain bikers who don't ride illegal trails, and you should stop. NPWS manages the land, they say you can't ride there. The Indigenous people are only part of the reason, and not the only ones being ignored.
I just love pointing out the hypocrisy of many riders here. I think it is just one example of people supporting this from a far.

The sport was built on illegal trails. Most trails are off parks land on mt keira so it is not a lot of track directly on parks land.

There is plenty of land to move away from MT keira in the escarpment and riders would have done so years ago if NPWS and water nsw established legal trails. It is more of a failing of state governments than anything else.

The trails are already there. The process to establish illegal trails is endless and full of contradictions , like cutting down trees to close trails that are killing trees.

The cultural interest in the mountain was always there but the anti mountain bike thing came at the same time of money being talked about to develop adventure tourism. Some will argue it was always there.

Oddjob

I just love pointing out the hypocrisy of many riders here. I think it is just one example of people supporting this from a far.

The sport was built on illegal trails. Most trails are off parks land on mt keira so it is not a lot of track directly on parks land.

There is plenty of land to move away from MT keira in the escarpment and riders would have done so years ago if NPWS and water nsw established legal trails. It is more of a failing of state governments than anything else.

The trails are already there. The process to establish illegal trails is endless and full of contradictions , like cutting down trees to close trails that are killing trees.

The cultural interest in the mountain was always there but the anti mountain bike thing came at the same time of money being talked about to develop adventure tourism. Some will argue it was always there.
Which illegal trails? In America and Europe the early trails were fire roads, hiking and horse trails with no prohibition on bikes. In Australia many of the old legal XC and DH trails are sanctioned and have been running for 20+ years.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Same, same in Qld. Mountain bike trails in the grand scheme of things are F-all, all it's about is user group conflict. Labour in Qld is trying to build eco lodges in some of the most pristine bushland in the state.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which illegal trails? In America and Europe the early trails were fire roads, hiking and horse trails with no prohibition on bikes. In Australia many of the old legal XC and DH trails are sanctioned and have been running for 20+ years.

I was referring to a local level. But yes given the sport has flourished legally in so many places it just highlights how crazy the situation has become and a mess that it is in here.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Liberal through and through. Rip people off, run away and hide with the I'll gotten gains to avoid prosecution. Then return to get the taxpayers to pay for his healthcare, and pull a legal swifty to avoid prosecution.

Oddjob

I used to work for Perrotett when he was Treasurer and didn't feel strongly about him, but I have developed a lot of respect for him over this gaming reform https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01...s-to-catholic-gut-comment-clubs-nsw/101910136

After this blatant smear campaign, he should kick Clubs NSW where it doubly hurts and make them pay the same amount of tax on the pokies as the pubs.