The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I just remember that the Catholics hated the freemasons, or possibly freemasons hated the Catholics. Either way it seemed possible
Does anyone like Catholics... joke BTW. When you are an Prod (Protestant) from N Ireland and you arrive in Australia... then realise you can have a numberplate that would get your car bombed in a blink of an eye back in the motherland.

21yrs ago... I didn't give a shit about religion either, just thought it was a good idea at the time. The guys at the tuning shop though it stood for Prodrive :p

IMG_5027.JPG

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Does anyone like Catholics... joke BTW. When you are an Prod (Protestant) from N Ireland and you arrive in Australia... then realise you can have a numberplate that would get your car bombed in a blink of an eye back in the motherland.

21yrs ago... I didn't give a shit about religion either, just thought it was a good idea at the time. The guys at the tuning shop though it stood for Prodrive :p

View attachment 396328
I have a good friend whose family operated a mechanical business on the border before and during the troubles. I have family not far from there and we often talk about it. Others listening in think he is making up shit when he talks about the intimidation and repercussions of working in that area. If anything he is understating it based on my relatives stories. Tough times bred tough people. By the way I am not talking about those involved in the fighting and troubles, just those who were caught up in it.

ozzybmx

I have a good friend whose family operated a mechanical business on the border before and during the troubles. I have family not far from there and we often talk about it. Others listening in think he is making up shit when he talks about the intimidation and repercussions of working in that area. If anything he is understating it based on my relatives stories. Tough times bred tough people. By the way I am not talking about those involved in the fighting and troubles, just those who were caught up in it.
Its shit, there's a belief that if you are born a Prod, you should have Loyalist beliefs and if you are born a Catholic, you should have Republican beliefs.

Probably one of the reason's I left (though not the biggest, a better quality of life and weather was the main reason). I had a lot of good mates that were Catholics and I drank in Catholic bars, this was something that you shouldn't do as a prod.

Been a ceasefire for many years there now and the 9/11 bombing of New York initiated the war on terrorism, the USA then outlawed the IRA... though every year previously had them in the White House on Saint Paddys day, with the USA funding the terrorism in the UK though NORAID.

Nothing has changed really, still a shit fight between Catholics and Protestants that have it ingrained into their upbringing.... A lot of living people have lost a lot, maybe next generation or a few generations from now might be different.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Its shit, there's a belief that if you are born a Prod, you should have Loyalist beliefs and if you are born a Catholic, you should have Republican beliefs.

Probably one of the reason's I left (though not the biggest, a better quality of life and weather was the main reason). I had a lot of good mates that were Catholics and I drank in Catholic bars, this was something that you shouldn't do as a prod.

Been a ceasefire for many years there now and the 9/11 bombing of New York initiated the war on terrorism, the USA then outlawed the IRA... though every year previously had them in the White House on Saint Paddys day, with the USA funding the terrorism in the UK though NORAID.

Nothing has changed really, still a shit fight between Catholics and Protestants that have it ingrained into their upbringing.... A lot of living people have lost a lot, maybe next generation or a few generations from now might be different.
If the Republic of Ireland can legalise gay marriage and abortion, then anything is possible. The N. Irish would be 1000x better off merging with the republic and rejoining the EU as well.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

If the Republic of Ireland can legalise gay marriage and abortion, then anything is possible. The N. Irish would be 1000x better off merging with the republic and rejoining the EU as well.
Not so sure about the re-joining of the EU but they should reunite the country... strange thing coming from my background.

Either or both, probably wouldn't matter, the country will thrive.

why not both 2.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not so sure about the re-joining of the EU but they should reunite the country... strange thing coming from my background.

Either or both, probably wouldn't matter, the country will thrive.

View attachment 396331
Hold on, wasn't the former Irish pm a gay Hindu? If that's the case then the North should definitely reunite. Clearly no one gives two shits anymore in the republic.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
He always stands up for what is RIGHT.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
He always stood up for the RIGHT wing, ultra-conservative psychopaths who couldn't give a flying fuck about the common good and wellbeing of the vast majority of the people of Australia. FIFY :)

If Murdoch's shitrags loved him, he must have been a real POS.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, drag him back in. That, alongside the Libs refusal to not keep stepping further right, is a winning move
Astonishing how stubbornly they persist in self destructing in a failed attempt to return us to a mythical past of monarchy, patriarchy and good ol' Christian whiteness. I mean the guy couldn't even hold his seat, let alone the leadership. Then his ideologically brethren of brain damage, Morrison ushers in the worst defeat in party history, only to be replaced by a sociopathic human tuber.

I mean, how many times to they need to lose before they realise that the nation does not share their views? But I guess that's what ideology is, an excuse to believe that everyone else is wrong because you already have the answers to any question that may be asked. And the answer that stands above all others, for them, is "you must have faith". In other words, they want us to close our eyes and just think happy thoughts. And if it all goes wrong, don't worry, because all you need is faith.

Fuck them and their self-righteous bullshit. implode and fuck off before you kill us all with war and pollution.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
How to say "I'm the lowest cunt around", without saying "I'm the lowest cunt around".

I can't help but wonder in the backwards-world of the LNP if she's gunning for a leadership role in the future. Seems to typically be the 'attack dog' that gets the promotion whenever the previous demented twerp gets driven out, and she's certainly doing all she can to try and take the stink off Dutton now he's having his time in the big seat. I feel like their party room would look on a decision like this as "strong" and "just".

Scotty T

Walks the walk

We rode in on the e-bikes to the protest in Canberra, like many unaware that the group running it oppose the voice to parliament. We arrived at 9 like it said, people milled around for a while so I looked at Facey and someone I know posted about how this group opposes the voice, he has later posted the article above. I was annoyed, this group did not obviously say they were against a voice in their promotional material, and about 9:50 a bloke comes up and identifies himself as a local elder, and asks for donations to a "good cause" without saying who or what it was. I was struggling to understand what they actually want, looking back at the event on Facebook it was vague, other than not wanting a voice. Wife is standing there with her Voice, Treaty, Truth t-shirt, not feeling comfortable, we decided to bail.

We needed a toilet stop so went to the National Museum where there was a ceremony going on in the new Indigenous gardens at the front. Some local Aboriginal people did some songs, got all the kids up to play the clapping sticks and did a smoking ceremony. We had a bite to eat, watched the protest go over the bridge and wondered should we actually vote for a voice, was there not majority support in indigenous communities? One might think that from the event there wasn't, but the article above says it's not the case, 85% support among Indigenous people.

The shit thing is that The Greens are all over the place on this. Far as I can see they were very supportive and urging for it a few years ago, now it's a bit different and conditional on Truth and Treaty, which it should be, but it seemed the logical order to imlement the voice first to enable the others to be enacted into legislation.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I'll admit I'm ignorant on this one past the headlines, but reading that am I correctly I terpreting that the "no" camp is campaigning on the basis that the progress is not progress enough, so no progress is better?