The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
That smarmy git Andrews' speech didn't seem to acknowledge the 10+% swing against ALP in the overall primary vote. I hope that in the coming days he realises the magnitude of that swing and dials back the despotism in the coming term.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That smarmy git Andrews' speech didn't seem to acknowledge the 10+% swing against ALP in the overall primary vote. I hope that in the coming days he realises the magnitude of that swing and dials back the despotism in the coming term.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
It just shows the state of the libs when they bought back Matthew Guy who's been absolutely pumped at the last 2 state elections. I grew up in Melbourne but don't live there anymore, and I understand the Dan Andrews protest vote, as many of my friends hated it and it was unnecessary. However once you get past that it's the big build guy vs a rabble that has been infiltrated by the religious right. Even with the turdocracy on their side anyone with two brain cells to rub together was never going to vote for them.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
A lot of that is due to the huge swing to ALP in the 2018 Danslide correcting, sounds like that was expected even without lockdowns etc.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I doubt he will, I reckon he will think he's been validated and things will get worse. And over here in WA we are a couple of years behind VIC (instead of the usual 2hrs and 20 years)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I was curious about the smarmy comment and watched (most) of the speech. Was there a particular part? It seemed fairly flat and standard to me…

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Smarmyness will vary depending on your vote

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
The Age newspaper Channel nine shitrag had a few columns on the LNP hq post mortem drinks, quoting various blue-shirted people saying that victorians had lost their minds, were idiots, wrong, etc etc etc - which was virtually identical to the LNP gibbering happening at a federal level in the May 2022 national election.
It appears that a humongous lack of self awareness (among the LNP) that the LNP is a useless rabble who seem to specialize in shooting themselves in the foot, and blaming Labor for it, or just doing such dodgy shit that their own legal counsel resigns and runs away, will keep them in opposition until they stop acting like overentitled children.

Also feeling chipper that Hawthorn may go independent, but balanced by bemusement that Kew is likely to remain LNP. I think the LNP could paint an inanimate carbon rod blue, and the electors of Kew would vote it in as their MP.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
More like 5%? Only place it got close to 10 was in places like Melton which has been heinously neglected by Governments for years. Surprised swings there weren't greater - they probably should've been. Only way people living out there are going to get anything done is ousting their ALP member for an Independent (but like a proper independent, not some cooker kill Dan Andrews deadshit).

slowmick

38-39"
The big problem with the government in Victoria is that even if you get a local independent in your area who is keen to improve your lot they will get no chance to do so. If you are not part of the Government you get no opportunity to voice your concerns. It's extra shit.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
The big problem with the government in Victoria is that even if you get a local independent in your area who is keen to improve your lot they will get no chance to do so. If you are not part of the Government you get no opportunity to voice your concerns. It's extra shit.

How is that even "democracy"?