The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Neither is beating a horse to run around in a circle, risk falling over and getting shot. But here we are, Welcome to Victoria.
I liked the daily cap you folks have on public transport costs associated with the card. We used to have something like that, but it has either risen sharply or dissolved.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I liked the daily cap you folks have on public transport costs associated with the card. We used to have something like that, but it has either risen sharply or dissolved.
great for tourists, barely noticeable for the average local..

the daily cap works out to the price it takes you to get to work in the morning and home at night. If you think about it, even when a local goes somewhere on a weekend, its usually there, do something and go home. Not a huge impact unless the day is spent PT-ing around all over the place.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
great for tourists, barely noticeable for the average local..

the daily cap works out to the price it takes you to get to work in the morning and home at night. If you think about it, even when a local goes somewhere on a weekend, its usually there, do something and go home. Not a huge impact unless the day is spent PT-ing around all over the place.

That's unlucky. When first introduced around here it was about 1.5 of my daily journeys, so pretty handy. Coupled with a weekly cap that would usually mean free transport for people on weekends and (at first the crazy low $2.something) significantly cheap Sundays. It was a handy means to encourage more public transport use. Of course they didn't really deliver a quality range of transport options...and there has since been some liberal creep in the prices.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Maybe this has already been thoroughly examined, not sure, but the LNP's election day leak to a tame channel 7 "journalist" doing the LNPs bidding about a (shock horror) BOAT attempting to arrive in Australia, the sudden change of tactic in talking about "on water matters", the Hypocrisy of #ScrotuMo and KAREN andrews is absolutely abhorrent, as are the alleged lies told to the media by KAREN andrews about her role in pressuring the department of border protection to publicise an "on water matter" purely as a desperate last second lunge by the LNP on election day in May, 2022 - to try to retain power. - all reinforces what soulless shitstains the LNP have proven themselves to be, time and time again. They deserve to be in opposition FOR EVER.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I still really understand what was wrong with the French nuclear subs? Other than sharing engineering talent with Peugeot and Renault.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I still really understand what was wrong with the French nuclear subs? Other than sharing engineering talent with Peugeot and Renault.

They thought the word 'nuclear' and the US/UK letters would make us look tough. And the French ones were full of bagettes.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I still really understand what was wrong with the French nuclear subs?
The fact that they weren't nuclear. They were going to be diesel-electric. So the nuclear ones from the USA will give better range and time under water over the French ones as I understand.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

We didn't want the nuke version of the French sub because at the time we didn't want the nuke version of anything because without a nuclear industry of our own we become reliant on other nations for servicing.
Watch the first Lib government after getting the subs say" we need a nuclear industry now to fuel our subs", they're playing a long game.

The fact that they weren't nuclear. They were going to be diesel-electric. So the nuclear ones from the USA will give better range and time under water over the French ones as I understand.
The French actually drive a nuke version of the same sub we were going to chuck a diesel in

Litenbror

Eats Squid
We didn't want the nuke version of the French sub because at the time we didn't want the nuke version of anything because without a nuclear industry of our own we become reliant on other nations for servicing.
Watch the first Lib government after getting the subs say" we need a nuclear industry now to fuel our subs", they're playing a long game.

The French actually drive a nuke version of the same sub we were going to chuck a diesel in
To my limited knowledge the French nuclear version needs refueling during it's service lifetime so we need a nuclear industry to remove the spent fuel and put in new fuel. US and UK nuclear subs are fueled for their service lifetime so the reactors could be sealed and not opened till decommissioned. Also with the French subs needing the spent fuel to be removed there is some international issues with nuclear non proliferation rules.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
To my limited knowledge the French nuclear version needs refueling during it's service lifetime so we need a nuclear industry to remove the spent fuel and put in new fuel. US and UK nuclear subs are fueled for their service lifetime so the reactors could be sealed and not opened till decommissioned. Also with the French subs needing the spent fuel to be removed there is some international issues with nuclear non proliferation rules.
Thankyou. That's what I was looking for.

Although the Los Angeles and Seawolf class subs do need refueling. Not sure about the Virginia and the British Astute class.

Given that we are regarded with Japan, Korea and Germany as near nuclear countries, I would have thought that establishing a refueling capacity would have been possible. We also have the raw material and IP to process the fuel.