The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Who was making fun of his mental health? All I can see is people being rightly sceptical of his conveniently timed absence, given his extensive history of mendacity and grifting.

If this were being tried in a court of law - and I’d say most people would like to see corrupt politicians face criminal charges - it would be up to the court to decide if he was unfit to stand.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Difference is my post wasn't about sympathising with him ;)
Mental stress bought on by natural and inevitable consequences from a long running conscious decision, or a series of conscious decisions, to seek personal gain at every turn along the way is still real. No one with an ounce of sympathy is doubting that is real condition. Paradoxically, it’s poor mental health that likely takes these people down these roads to begin with.

Even the most abhorrent criminals can have real and palpable mental health failings.

Where people run out of sympathy, that is often miss understood or miss directed, I feel, is where criminals wave the trauma flag when it’s self inflected trauma by their own actions. Childhood trauma can and very often does feed into criminal behaviour, especially violent offenders. White collar criminals, I fall on the side of greed until proven otherwise, with very few if any mitigating circumstances that a judge will consider when determining punishment.

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
I'm not sure why everyone is having a hard time understanding my point. Not once have I suggested he deserves sympathy. In fact I've said the opposite. Several times. I just stated it's not ok to make fun of mental health.

We can't be woke on it, then laugh at it 10 mins later. Just like rape jokes aren't funny, nor are racist jokes.
You are all good, I don't disagree with anything you've said. I just feel that your post didn't demonstrate the required disrespect for JB and I needed to compare him to Hitler to help things along.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just learnt something knew.