The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
We can't on one hand be open to mental health struggles and support and on the other shame people when they are struggling with mental health.

For as much of a douchebag John barilaro is, he's obviously struggling. Much of that is his own doing, for which I don't have any sympathy, but what value is there in shaming his mental health? He'll get his cummupance irrespective of timing.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
We can't on one hand be open to mental health struggles and support and on the other shame people when they are struggling with mental health.

For as much of a douchebag John barilaro is, he's obviously struggling. Much of that is his own doing, for which I don't have any sympathy, but what value is there in shaming his mental health? He'll get his cummupance irrespective of timing.
Just my opinion - but I don't/won't place crocodile tears and mental health issues in the same category.

His 'mental health' issues are like a schoolkid throwing a cricket ball through a window thinking they'll get away with it, then turning on the tears when the teacher comes out and yells at them.

I'm supportive of people who proactively try and manage their issues/wellbeing, but have little sympathy for those who try and use mental health as an excuse after the fact to try and excuse unacceptable behavior. Particularly if those people are intelligent but narcissistic douchebags who are more than capable of faking it to deflect or minimise any consequences for their actions.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Just my opinion - but I don't/won't place crocodile tears and mental health issues in the same category.

His 'mental health' issues are like a schoolkid throwing a cricket ball through a window thinking they'll get away with it, then turning on the tears when the teacher comes out and yells at them.

I'm supportive of people who proactively try and manage their issues/wellbeing, but have little sympathy for those who try and use mental health as an excuse after the fact to try and excuse unacceptable behavior. Particularly if those people are intelligent but narcissistic douchebags who are more than capable of faking it to deflect or minimise any consequences for their actions.
Oh theres crocodile tears for sure. but tell me that if you weren't experiencing the public pressure and parliamentary enquiries that grill the shit out of you, a divorce and the specter of loss of employment/possible corruption charges that you wouldn't be struggling? I'm not trying to suggest that we be sympathetic, because his actions are his actions and they have consequences, Just saying id chuck a fucking sickie/mental health day too of i had that hanging over me.

It seems a bit hypocritical for us as grown adults to have a thread about mental health on here where we all try to provide some surface level support, and in another thread laugh at someone else's struggles with it. Laugh at him for being a douche, for being a bad politician, take comfort in that he's paying the price for his behavoiur (as he should), I just dont think the whole denying somones struggles with it is where its at.