The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
NSW seems to be the state of graft... Hopefully this time the law grabs hold of this dick.

* Seems...seems to be, though one could say we are in a date of emergency. I fixed the typo.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
NSW seems to be the state of graft... Hopefully this time the law grabs hold of this dick.

* Seems...seems to be, though one could say we are in a date of emergency. I fixed the typo.
Here's some more context just to make you angrier:

On Wednesday Brown told the inquiry that another candidate – businesswoman and former public servant Jenny West – was offered the role in August, but that the offer was rescinded after she received instructions to make the trade commissioner jobs ministerial appointments.

She was informed of that “government decision” by Barilaro’s office. Only a few days later the former deputy premier announced his resignation.

What a fat little grub Barilaro is.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I don’t travel overseas anyway, so it doesn’t bother me personally - but I strongly disagree with it being done without oversight. If they’ve actually needed to check 40,000+ devices in 5 years it be nice to know there was a formal process involved.

The whole “you can let us, or we can do it by force” thing is disgusting. Imagine what else those kind of powers would spread to if Dutton was to get in with a majority government in future. This type of stuff is the precedent-setting top of the iceberg type stuff that forebodes the really bad stuff later.
For better or worse, apple has refused to allow any entity backdoor access to their platform.

Apple pays white hat hackers to report all software exploits and vulnerabilities they discover. They pay well. 120k-500k usd I believe. The software packages Border Force utilises are mostly exploiting vulnerabilities on older software versions to gain access when the owner refuses to unlock the apple device.

A device running the latest iOS is very close to impenetrable, but there are always unpublished software exploits that the security experts have sold to the likes of MSAB, Cellebrite and Grayshift on a subscription basis, for literally MILLIONS per month, all under the guise of national security.

An unlocked phone is being searched by external software packages, looking at images with a certain amount of flesh like tones, etc. Also looking through all cache data and browser history. From a decent Hambo, phones are being cloned for later deep analysis.

After the former governments evil actions against Bernard Collaery, Witness K, Richard Boyle and David McBride, I have very little faith any government or their agents can be trusted with sensitive data. It all commences with best intentions, and quickly turns sour.

I’ve been harassed by Victorian police many times on a baseless nature, via profiling, while driving. Wearing a hoodie, unshaven, driving a nice car, is unacceptable to the local cops. I’ve had two thorough car searches for contraband. Me in handcuffs on the nature strip, car utterly torn apart. One of my medical conditions requires me to inject b12 vitamins, and of course they find needles. Cops LOVE finding “drug paraphernalia” and do not understand for a moment that 31 gauge needles are for injecting into body fat and not intravenous injections. Or for that matter what the MTHFR A1298C mutation is all about. Net result, profiling often produces useless results.

Instead of drugs and needles at the border, some barely trained agent of the commonwealth has access to a device and gets a glimpse at commercial sensitive, politically sensitive or un-patented-as-of-yet works. What a potential honey pot of data to be browsed by someone.

I’m fully aware our intentions are to capture the evil crime of sexual exploitation of minors. I’d like to see some solid data on the success rate of these investigations, seems that’s not been revealed, which suggests to me it’s a very low number.