The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Convicted wife beater and stalker avi yemeni is trying to uncover the identity of twitter user PRGuy17.
- so he can sue him/her/it for calling yemeni a "criminal". which he is... a convicted criminal.
It should also be known that yemeni has close associations with the liberal party, and Jabba.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At Guide Dogs Victoria,Executive salaries increased massively, in step with Fed Government grants, while trained guide dogs decreased... Can't wait for the Federal ICAC to rip into josh frydenberg and his slimy friends.

This shit makes me pretty mad. The once trustworthy charity sector is turning into a cash cow for high salaries and gov announcements to make it seem like governments are doing something.
It smells like corruption and my bet is that this kind of stuff would be hard to pin down in court. Best thing people can do is not support the organization when they start to stink like this.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
At Guide Dogs Victoria,Executive salaries increased massively, in step with Fed Government grants, while trained guide dogs decreased... Can't wait for the Federal ICAC to rip into josh frydenberg and his slimy friends.

If that is the vic ceo then that is crazy. Revenue of $22M against assets of $40M and the ceo is paid $550k plus. That is smelly.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
If you thought this lowlife piece of shit couldn't get any lower......

The sooner they set up an ICAC and throw all these fuckwits in goal, the better.

I pose the same question in relation to his mate Josh.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nothing new, heaps of large industrial companies closed down from electricity and then gas prices and I'll bet you'll see more coming. I bet Scomo is rolling around on the ground laughing that he didn't get reelected. The LNG gas plants in Qld are a fucking joke and insult to everyone that calls themself an Australian. I was on a small job when they built them, and everything was sourced from overseas and I mean everything bar a bit of labour, they had an electrical crew stall for 2 weeks so that they could order washers for cable trays from the US and even had supervisors from the US trying to override Australian electricians. Now I hear that they extract the gas and pay fuckall tax here, well that's no surprise.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Nothing new, heaps of large industrial companies closed down from electricity and then gas prices and I'll bet you'll see more coming. I bet Scomo is rolling around on the ground laughing that he didn't get reelected. The LNG gas plants in Qld are a fucking joke and insult to everyone that calls themself an Australian. I was on a small job when they built them, and everything was sourced from overseas and I mean everything bar a bit of labour, they had an electrical crew stall for 2 weeks so that they could order washers for cable trays from the US and even had supervisors from the US trying to override Australian electricians. Now I hear that they extract the gas and pay fuckall tax here, well that's no surprise.
but but they pay royalties and income tax from their workers - its totes good value for the economy!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The whole 'energy market' was and is a scam. kennett and all the other pollies who sold off OUR assets should be in jail.
Remember in VIC (and in each state & territory) we used to have a State Electricity Commission? Yeah.......:(
Except those state electricity commissions gold plated everything and just passed the cost onto the consumer. They were a law unto themselves.

In the late 80s, NSW had 4 times the generation capacity it needed, just because the engineers wanted to have the newest kit. It's taken 30 years of uninterrupted growth to use up that surplus. What this meant was that electricity costs in the 80s were outrageously high in NSW.

As a % of income energy costs have shrunk massively as appliances have gotten more efficient. But the underlying costs of producing electricity were frozen in time due to the coal mines and contracts that were put in place when the big generators were built. Many of those generators are reaching end of life.

We saw a big spike in network costs occur 10 years ago as the networks started replacing old kit and increasing reliability. Now it's the generators turn to go through a cycle of renewal and new investment.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just load up 20Gb of cat videos before any trip. They will give up after several hours of watching kittens chasing balls of wool.
I don’t travel overseas anyway, so it doesn’t bother me personally - but I strongly disagree with it being done without oversight. If they’ve actually needed to check 40,000+ devices in 5 years it be nice to know there was a formal process involved.

The whole “you can let us, or we can do it by force” thing is disgusting. Imagine what else those kind of powers would spread to if Dutton was to get in with a majority government in future. This type of stuff is the precedent-setting top of the iceberg type stuff that forebodes the really bad stuff later.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don’t travel overseas anyway, so it doesn’t bother me personally - but I strongly disagree with it being done without oversight. If they’ve actually needed to check 40,000+ devices in 5 years it be nice to know there was a formal process involved.

The whole “you can let us, or we can do it by force” thing is disgusting. Imagine what else those kind of powers would spread to if Dutton was to get in with a majority government in future. This type of stuff is the precedent-setting top of the iceberg type stuff that forebodes the really bad stuff later.
Go and take a good look a wide range of things brought in by Dutton over the last 5 years or so. This is one of many things, and probably one of the more innocuous ones.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Go and take a good look a wide range of things brought in by Dutton over the last 5 years or so. This is one of many things, and probably one of the more innocuous ones.
I know. I just like to highlight them now and then. ;)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

True, you would think it would be a bit more targetted. Putting a driftnet across 40k devices is a spreading it a bit wide. They are welcome to check my phone and laptop anytime and would a big disappointment to everyone no doubt. Most of these enforcement organisations have a few 'special' people tucked way who you can only say 'love their jobs' and would gladly get paid to mess up someone else's day just because they can. Not all of them but I would be very surprised if they didn't have their quota full

Dutton seems keen to be a big mouth and fight wars without having the weapons to do it. Good luck to him taking that breadknife to a gunfight. I think he will be turfed out before he can be any danger since he is unelectable and seems as pleasant as swift kick in the crown jewels.

Isn't this week the time to flip tables over facial recognition?