The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Great result. Still can't shake the feeling of disgust attached to parachuting Kenneally into Fowler; having worked in that area and knowing the community and what makes it tick, that was a disgraceful move that led to Labor rightly not winning the seat. And in typical conservative-noggin-firmly-inserted-in-anus fashion, my electorate of Hume re-elected that grubby Taylor fellow.
+1. I am glad Labour won overall but they can eat a smarmy bag o' dicks assuming that a rusted on seat will vote for anyone they choose. They clearly took it for granted and a sure thing.

I'm very happy that Dai stuck it to them royally.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Currently snuggled up with a sleeping grandson who at only 7 years old, saw me checking Twitter and asked some pointed questions about how government works. We need to raise this generation well, they are literally the only hope we have for the planet.

We have a Labor government after nine long years of wrecking, rorting, rooting, raping, looting and blatant corruption. It's going to be a very hard slog for Anthony Albanese's government and an uphill battle against the corrupt Murdoch media that the LNP fostered and paid for with our taxes. Be prepared for a full mainstream media war against Labor, every minute of every day.

Together, we can do this.
Yep, this 100%.

I fear that we will see a similar response to what we've seen in the US: the right will split into a moderate faction, trying to get back to traditional liberal values, such as individual rights, small govt, etc., and a hard right/conservative faction that are religiously motivated, less attached to truth and ethical values and that will sabotage national interest goals for political benefit. Shit like releasing information about the Chinese vessel off the coast of WA just before the election and calling it an act of aggression - which it 100% was not, and why was the information withheld until just before the ballot, etc. etc. We will see a lot more of that kind of dishonesty and it will be facilitated by the Murdoch media.

I can't see this moment being some kind of epiphany within hard right/conservative circles.

I am happy to say, though, that my fears of this election being dominated by disinformation did not come true. There were attempts at it, but the claims didn't gain traction like MEdiscare and Death Taxes did.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, this 100%.

I fear that we will see a similar response to what we've seen in the US: the right will split into a moderate faction, trying to get back to traditional liberal values, such as individual rights, small govt, etc., and a hard right/conservative faction that are religiously motivated, less attached to truth and ethical values and that will sabotage national interest goals for political benefit. Shit like releasing information about the Chinese vessel off the coast of WA just before the election and calling it an act of aggression - which it 100% was not, and why was the information withheld until just before the ballot, etc. etc. We will see a lot more of that kind of dishonesty and it will be facilitated by the Murdoch media.

I can't see this moment being some kind of epiphany within hard right/conservative circles.

I am happy to say, though, that my fears of this election being dominated by disinformation did not come true. There were attempts at it, but the claims didn't gain traction like MEdiscare and Death Taxes did.
Exhibit A

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The Liberal Party have literally been gutted from the centre. To lose North Sydney, Mackellor, Warringah, Wentworth, Goldstein Kooyong and Curtin to centrist independents will basically condemn the LNP to the wilderness for at least 3 terms.

As much as I would like to see Dutton given the boot, seeing him lead the party through the wilderness and never be PM is a good consolation prize.

I predict a full scale revolt from the NSW, VIC and maybe the WA divisions against QLD with demands that the QLD division de-merge from the National party. There would then be a revision to the coalition agreement with the National party. There's simply no way for the LNP to win power again with the National tail wagging the dog.

My dream outcome would be for the coalition agreement to be ripped up and the Liberals to select candidates for each seat.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

safreek

As much as I would like to see Dutton given the boot, seeing him lead the party through the wilderness and never be PM is a good consolation prize

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
He probably believes he could of won it.
It is hilarious, the potato(e) prince will never be spud queen

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
5 internet money that Labor loses the next election.

My pre-election prediction was that whoever wins this election will lose the next one. Everything is going up except wages, uneployment is super low, and whichever way things go from here the sitting government will be to blame regardless of what they inherited.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Dutton may not be a shoe in for reasons as above. If the party realises it has moved too far right and want to get those lost seats back then he has no chance. If they are as thick as usual then trumpists they become.

Pauline is on track to the deep fryer!

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
All I want to know is how’s the hangover @ForkinGreat? :p
Allegedly, I'm not hungover. :) believe that or not, as you wish.

I do feel a great sense of vindication, and relief - as @Haakon does. I could be intensely smug, but this is only a first step in steering our country away from the fucking brutal corruption, lies and corrosion of parliamentary process that we have endured for the past 9 years, as @Norco Maniac rightly says. It will be a full on war, every damn day, and the Turdoch/9'news' fuckwits need to be called out on their fuckery, lies and vicious bias on a continuous basis for the foreseeable future.
murdoch and his evil cunt minions can be overcome, IF all of you take responsibility for the future of Australia. if murdoch is "someone else's problem" he and his evil shitstains will sleaze and corrode their way back into government, and we will be fucked.

"I move that the member for cook no longer be heard",
except when doing a massive Engadine in his pants while being grilled at a proper Federal ICAC.

The sun is shining, and the potential for positive change in Australia is Here, and Now.

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
Tu Le was the natural choice for Fowler, but Labor peeps in charge wanted Keneally, even though Tu Le was local, knew the people in the electorate, and was picked as the candidate to succeed the retiring local labor MP. As others have said. People are fucking OVER having their vote taken for granted.
The fact that Fowler was taken by an independent former Liberal deserves a smirk so large it needs its own postcode.