The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Labor were just working from the LNP playbook with their ad, IMO. There is so much LNP corruption and alleged criminal conduct that is a matter of record, what the fk do they choose to focus on?? A 'leader' who wont take responsibility, can't get his shit together to do things for the country & people, is full of his own importance, and buggers off on holiday during crises - seems like a good focus.
People likely won't remember the chapter and verse of much of what the LNP shitstains have done to Australia.

Cut-through often happens with simple mantras repeated often. eg "stop the boats"
"vote for Labor and get the Bill (showing pic of shorten)"
A campaign ad has the danger of making viewers' eyes glaze over with facts and lists of where the other side has fucked up.
That the LNP are making such an ad to try to counter it suggests that the Labor ad is very effective.

I will be watching Gruen on ABC tonight. they may cover the odd snippet of these sorts of tactics.
I heard Will Anderson on RN this morning saying Labour had 16 separate occasions where Scomo was quoted saying "it's not my job"

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I heard Will Anderson on RN this morning saying Labour had 16 separate occasions where Scomo was quoted saying "it's not my job"
how do you get to the top job without learning that the first time you utter this phrase phrase, your credibility is shot? in litterally every job this is the case. For somone with a marketing background, the guy is really shit at marketing himself

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
how do you get to the top job without learning that the first time you utter this phrase phrase, your credibility is shot? in litterally every job this is the case. For somone with a marketing background, the guy is really shit at marketing himself
I reckon he’s cluey enough (in a self-serving arsehole type of way) that he knows the majority of voters only follow the fortnight of sound bites before the election.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
To be fair, if it's scomos cooking, it's probably worth having a good think about the glass and poop

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
ScrotuMo is all about the bits of broken glass in shit.
If it's (raw)chicken a la scomo's photo team, then I'm going to fill up on complementary bread, do an engadine in the toilets and then leave.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
this chicken meme is a bit stupid IMO. in the picture it looks uncooked. But in reality for it to be THAT uncooked, he'd have to have literally not cooked it AT ALL. Given he sees him self as a curry aficionado , and presumably cooking them for some time, he wont have dont that. Its an unclever low value meme. The picture was taken with a potato too.

Still a dickhead though

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the invisible MP for my electorate, Fiona Martin, got on the radio yesterday and tried to fend of questions about where she lives, by asking the ethnically asian candidate where were they born, then saying that candidate (sally Sitou) got kicked out of preselection for a state seat last time. Wasnt Sally, but Tu Le, but all ethnically asian people are close enough right?

dumbest part is all this defiance over not living in the electorate, Martin lives in ryde which is the suburb right next to the border of Reid. I wouldnt care that you dont live this side of the line if you live close enough to shop, drive through and see whats going on here. instead she responded with racism and ignorance. maybe we should be glad she's done nothing at all in her term.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a colleague on a working holiday visa from vietnam. Yesterday he was telling me how surprised he has been by how racist Australians are. It's hard to defend.

the invisible MP for my electorate, Fiona Martin, got on the radio yesterday and tried to fend of questions about where she lives, by asking the ethnically asian candidate where were they born, then saying that candidate (sally Sitou) got kicked out of preselection for a state seat last time. Wasnt Sally, but Tu Le, but all ethnically asian people are close enough right?

dumbest part is all this defiance over not living in the electorate, Martin lives in ryde which is the suburb right next to the border of Reid. I wouldnt care that you dont live this side of the line if you live close enough to shop, drive through and see whats going on here. instead she responded with racism and ignorance. maybe we should be glad she's done nothing at all in her term.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I have a colleague on a working holiday visa from vietnam. Yesterday he was telling me how surprised he has been by how racist Australians are. It's hard to defend.
hes surprised? Asians on a whole are so openly racist among themselves it makes us look like saints lol

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I don't think its obscene that people are billionaires. what they do with their wealth is relevant. Space travel, sanitation in third world, water, energy projects. Just take a look at what some of the billionaires are doing. Shit our government wont. celebrate some of them.

on the flipside you have people like mcaffee who just turned to hookers, guns, blow and private islands - that's a waste of life and resources. Being a billionaire and balling out 100% whats stupid.
This billionaire, doing "cool stuff the government won't" with his wealth, mostly to benefit his own interests. Top bloke.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I'm not sure if you're trying to troll me into a questionable response or you're genuinely not across it - ill give you two examples just in China.

Uighur genocide and other related atrocities
Han - in china if you're not standard Han Chinese, you're generally looked down apon by the majority Han population.

Listen to an Asian comedian - they even joke about how much division there is among themselves.

Its a thing. They are widely racist at each other due to historical conflicts etc. Im a leave it there. There's enough about it online if you are curious. Thats not to say they are all racist, just like we aren't all racist. Just found it surprising that your Asian mate was surprised at our racism.

Last edited: