The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Another reason (in the unlikely event you needed another one) to get rid of the fucking LNP.

We need to see how politicians ACTUALLY vote. eg: Sharma always votes like a good little party drone, even though he craps on about climate change being important.

We need https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/ - one of the few ways you can judge what sort of politician is supposedly representing your electorate.

ForkinGreat

We got a few good memes out of it, but #ScrotuMo is a cunning little cunt, and it got people overexcited about something that was never going to happen, and distracted the public for a bit from being ultra fucked off at the criminal lack of RAT tests, now that the economy has been prioritized over peoples' health, AND whatever else #ScrotuMo didn't want people calling him out on/the latest gubbinment fuck-up.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
While this is yet another shining example of Scotty failing to read the room, in his defence you can join the army at 16. I dunno if you get to drive tanks at that age but I imagine they probably let you shoot guns and blow shit up.

ForkinGreat

While this is yet another shining example of Scotty failing to read the room, in his defence you can join the army at 16. I dunno if you get to drive tanks at that age but I imagine they probably let you shoot guns and blow shit up.
Cadets? use rifles, sure, but would be surprised if they would be trained in explosives and demolitions at that stage. if they are n00bs, they would go through boot/basic or whatever they call it here before doing any of the fun stuff, IMO.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
School mates who joined at 16 were live firing guns and rifles within a week of admission.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
They were crazy bastards, we used to have air rifle shoot-outs at the dump.
Haha. Gold! Air rifles were ace. I remember getting sniped by a school mate as I was on my paper round one morning. Fuck knows what the mad bastard was doing up at that time!

To be fair he didn’t aim directly at me but it still scared the shite out of me, particularly as I couldn’t see or hear where the shots were coming from.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Fuck that would be fun
A friend went to the army for work experience in high school. Sounded amazing as He was able to play with some fun stuff without needing to commit to anything. Probably couldn't do as much as he did today. He was prone to exaduration but did describe having fun at the range with a range of weapons as well as mock battles and all sorts of fun. Not sure if they would do so much of that 20 years later

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A friend went to the army for work experience in high school. Sounded amazing as He was able to play with some fun stuff without needing to commit to anything. Probably couldn't do as much as he did today. He was prone to exaduration but did describe having fun at the range with a range of weapons as well as mock battles and all sorts of fun. Not sure if they would do so much of that 20 years later
Pre port Arthur, I, along with mates were allowed to fire 10 live rounds from an m60 . Fully supervised, lying down. In a state park.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Pre port Arthur, I, along with mates were allowed to fire 10 live rounds from an m60 . Fully supervised, lying down. I’m a state park.
When I was much much younger with a pack slung across my back I fired some assault rifle at a range in Cambodia. Was exciting at the time but feel definite discomfort at the thought of it now. I also posed for a pic with a drugged tiger at that tiger temple place in Thailand. :(Definitely embarrassed at my naivety and ignorance back then.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
When I was much much younger with a pack slung across my back I fired some assault rifle at a range in Cambodia. Was exciting at the time but feel definite discomfort at the thought of it now. I also posed for a pic with a drugged tiger at that tiger temple place in Thailand. :(Definitely embarrassed at my naivety and ignorance back then.
I do sheepishly admit to visiting the Tiger Temple as well but in my defence it hadn't been opened long and noone at the time knew what went on there. I also had a go on an M-16 and an AK-47 at the Cu-Chi Tunnels museum in Vietnam. I don't particularly feel any guilt over it although given the age and condition of the weapons - particularly the M-16 , it probably wasn't a very safe thing to do.
Sadly, I never did find the mythical range where you could shoot a cow with an RPG for US$50.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
17 and a half these days. You can start sitting aptitude tests at 16 but no heading off to training until 17 1/2.
And the extra supervision requirements, in places that are designed for it, are annoying as fuck.