The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All this talk of war crimes in the middle east reminded me that domestically we have finally seen some action on prosecutions relating to our own recent war crimes investigations. Unfortunately the perpetrators continue to enjoy freedom while the whistle blower has been punished. A stern reminder to all of us to tow the party line or else! Lucky it wasn't related to Boeing...

Flow-Rider

Burner
All this talk of war crimes in the middle east reminded me that domestically we have finally seen some action on prosecutions relating to our own recent war crimes investigations. Unfortunately the perpetrators continue to enjoy freedom while the whistle blower has been punished. A stern reminder to all of us to tow the party line or else! Lucky it wasn't related to Boeing...

4corners did a story on him a while ago.

safreek

Leading the charge is champion swimmer Kyle Chalmers, who won gold in the 100m freestyle at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

The 25-year-old told the Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) that staff from Hancock Prospecting had told him about the art last month.

“At the national championships, [the art] was definitely the talk of the swimming pool and everyone [was] throwing their support behind our patron that makes everything possible for us,” Mr Chalmers said.
“I think she just deserves to be praised and looked upon definitely a lot better than what the portraits have made her out to be.”

maybe cos she threw another funding hissy fit last year?
and weirdly reposted here
Was Kyle the swimmer who actively criticized other countries over doping in swimming then kept a low profile when the Aussie girl got caught using SARMS

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Was Kyle the swimmer who actively criticized other countries over doping in swimming then kept a low profile when the Aussie girl got caught using SARMS
Actually, I think you were probably spot on with it being Kyle Chalmers, although he & Mack Horton have both been outspoken about doping.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Apparently the Australian Government collects more revenue from HECS student debt payments - than the Petroleum Resource rent tax. :mad:

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Apparently the Australian Government collects more revenue from HECS student debt payments - than the Petroleum Resource rent tax. :mad:

Just shows how much we value education.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
when you're digging a hole.. why stop?

Repost from Saturday...(credit @Flow-Rider )
1717497802067.png

Big Ol' Chungus should probably put down the pick.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bravo to QLD Gov for at least making it $0.50 for any journey.

Damn right.

Strange thing here in nsw...train fares (I don't use much other public transport options) have risen pretty steadily post covid. We have also lost the "family day" fares on Sundays where all public transport was capped at $2 for the day. I don't know the timing of these changes but I would like to know if the continual privatisation of nsw public transport has played a role? It seems like the government is trying to drive people away from public transport.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Damn right.

Strange thing here in nsw...train fares (I don't use much other public transport options) have risen pretty steadily post covid. We have also lost the "family day" fares on Sundays where all public transport was capped at $2 for the day. I don't know the timing of these changes but I would like to know if the continual privatisation of nsw public transport has played a role? It seems like the government is trying to drive people away from public transport.
At least you guys have a train from the airport to the CBD. Our muppets are still arguing over it. Only since the FUCKING 1960’s!!!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Damn right.

I remember being in Mexico City in about 2000. I was astounded that the price of a ticket was literally a few pesos and then get this! Trains ran so regularly that sometimes as one train was leaving the station another would be pulling in!
I know. It’s not really believable that a crime ridden developing country which murdered 30 opposition candidates in the last federal elections can have a cheap and regular train network.