The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Flow-Rider

Burner
Most people here report the greens to be pro mtb so are they divided party on MTB at the fed, state and local level?
There is a similar post where Sue visited the illawarra. I see their plan is not to develop suitable mtb networks rather restrict mtb to a few crappy areas of small trails in order to close the larger existing networks.
I think you'll find that she's using the facade of the Green party to pull her weight, clearly a NIMBY/enviromentmentalist type. I've been riding in the bush for a long time, no mountain bike trail is going to tear big holes in a tree canopy, especially hardwood type trees, then the old tripe of koala habitat damage. Koalas will look at mountain bikers all day from the treetops without an issue, we've got MTB networks throughout a few Koala habitats here. Climidia, foxes, and dogs pose a bigger risk than MTBers. It's the same old BS crap, walkers can walk all over the place without issue as soon as mountain bike trails show up it's the end of the world. The local council even bulldozed a Koala habitat here to build a new estate, none of these chunts even showed up to resist or protest against the council's actions, it seems they just go for low hanging fruit.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The NSW greens and their love for mountain bike riders
I stupidly watched this and am now furious at the pretend support whilst making wild and incorrect claims about "scientific studies"

safreek

The NSW greens and their love for mountain bike riders
I nearly voted for the greens about an hour ago. Damn he/ him she/ her was hot in a miniskirt handing out how to vote cards. Suddenly realized that you shouldn't vote on looks alone, went ahead and used common sense. One nation all the way :D (they don't exist in Lizzy funnily enough

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is really not helping...

I had a great time making the greenies at the early voting booth at the corso feel queasy. I asked whether they will fuck up climate reform again. They claimed to be there to save the koalas as part of the Bob Brown foundation. I pointed out that the koalas will be just as fucked as us if we don't do something about climate policy. I also pointed out that Bob caused all the problems last time, and essentially gave us Tony Abbott.

The guy dressed as a koala in the fig tree almost drop beared me.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
To be fair the CPRS debacle was as much Rudd's fault as the Greens, they both behaved badly and refused to act in good faith. So not entirely a Greens fuckup. But they sure didn't help...

Oddjob

To be fair the CPRS debacle was as much Rudd's fault as the Greens, they both behaved badly and refused to act in good faith. So not entirely a Greens fuckup. But they sure didn't help...
And yet here we are 15 years later still without effective climate policy which is one of the driving shibbeloths of the Greens. But hey that Rudd guy wasn't a perfect gentleman!

Honestly, do yourself a favour a kick every green you know in the nuts/boobs every time they offer that piece of shit excuse.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And yet here we are 15 years later still without effective climate policy which is one of the driving shibbeloths of the Greens. But hey that Rudd guy wasn't a perfect gentleman!

Honestly, do yourself a favour a kick every green you know in the nuts/boobs every time they offer that piece of shit excuse.

I didnt say they didnt deserve a kicking! They claim to the ones knowing what the stakes are and they didn't take the high road on that debacle, for which they deserve a whole lot of disdain. Its fucking frustrating all round.

But if it makes you feel any better it doesn't really matter anymore what they do now. We are fucked either way, the time for solutions has long passed.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I didnt say they didnt deserve a kicking! They claim to the ones knowing what the stakes are and they didn't take the high road on that debacle, for which they deserve a whole lot of disdain. Its fucking frustrating all round.

But if it makes you feel any better it doesn't really matter anymore what they do now. We are fucked either way, the time for solutions has long passed.
Party On, @Haakon , Party On @Oddjob
Ingest the Intoxicants of your choice (or not), be excellent to each other,
ride bikes, travel wherever the fuck you want to go, and ........ whatever.....

Have faith in the non-existent technology!
That's straight out of the LNP soulless shitstain playbook!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
And yet here we are 15 years later still without effective climate policy
If the Greens said yes back then, this would still be true.

The Greens have always been about how to solve the actual problem, instead of how the solution can have minimal impact on the profits of fossil fuel businesses.

If this country wasn't still largely in denial 15 years ago, maybe we all would have gone for deep cuts like the Greens wanted, yet here we are still not going for real climate action, in order to appease business.

The Greens decision was a small blip that didn't make a difference to the reality of what we need(ed) to do, I wish people would stop crying about it. If a policy is shit, then it's the fault of those making the policy, not those who choose not to support the shit policy.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

The Greens have always been about how to solve the actual problem, instead of how the solution can have minimal impact on the profits of fossil fuel businesses.

If this country wasn't still largely in denial 15 years ago, maybe we all would have gone for deep cuts like the Greens wanted, yet here we are still not going for real climate action, in order to appease business.

The Greens decision was a small blip that didn't make a difference to the reality of what we need(ed) to do, I wish people would stop crying about it. If a policy is shit, then it's the fault of those making the policy, not those who choose not to support the shit policy.
I sort of agree with you, but even a shit lite policy would have been better than nothing. It would have normalised the idea of emissions trading and would have been replaced by something better by now and we'd be ahead.

The Greens were right in that it was not a great policy, and totally wrong in saying it shouldn't have gone ahead.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

The Greens are very "all or nothing",IMO.
I can see that wanting what needs to be policy, can be good, except I believe that killing a bad policy off over time is better than squanding the last 10-15 years and ending up with Fuck all, and still having to try to put some changes in place, when Business groups wouldn't have shat their collective pants about smaller changes.
If political parties can't work together to make change we need for the environment/climate, then it's just grand-standing to hold out for a change that no stakeholder or party will agree to.

I can see that Haakers has made the same point, but fukkit, I needed to vent.

Oddjob

Hey what's your address? Let's discuss this in person over a game of roshambo.

I worked for an energy company as we worked up the implementation of the cprs. It would have worked as intended, and we could have ratcheted it up over time. We even piloted hybrid solar/battery/diesel islanded systems to help comply with it. That work all went in the bin thanks to the greens, then Julia and finally Tony.

Oddjob

Just to rewind your memory. An Inconvenient Truth came out in 2006, the Coalition had a climate change policy for the 07 election, Copenhagen fell over in 09 because the West forgot to consult half the planet (after torching the world economy), public support in Australia for climate action was still sky high, and Rudd was trying to push through the CPRS but needed the Greens in the senate.

What we got was Bob Brown being a complete fuck stick because little baby didn't get exactly what he wanted and 100s of millions of dollars of preparation by government and corporates went down the drain. A couple of years later we got this other fuck stick Tony and the rest is history.

If you just send me a video of someone kicking you in the balls it will save me having to stalk you.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I was in the climate policy area of the Victorian government in those days, and it was mind bendingly frustrating watching that shit show play out. We had a lot of our work binned as a result too….

Oddjob

Ps if you think I'm angry, my wife worked for Shell and they poured even more money into working out how to comply. She would just bury an infected steak knife into your liver and let you die of sepsis.