The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
So that fat grubby little <redacted> Barilaro received a defamation payout of $700k+ from Google because amongst other things the videos FriendlyJordies posted contained "allegations of professional impropriety that had no factual or intelligible basis."

So he's going to return that money now? I wouldn't want to mess with Google if I was him, they're probably warming up their litigation death star.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
So that fat grubby little Barilaro received a defamation payout of $700k+ from Google because amongst other things the videos FriendlyJordies posted contained "allegations of professional impropriety that had no factual or intelligible basis."

So he's going to return that money now? I wouldn't want to mess with Google if I was him, they're probably warming up their litigation death star.
The kangaroo court hinted that google just copped it, knowing full well it will add further buckets of shit on Bruz's head, when the icac gives him a full cavity search.

I am so hoping this is the case. I need some sunshine in my life.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I am so hoping this is the case.
Me too. He deserves nothing less, especially for passing legislation to allow feral animals free reign to fuck up a National Park.

He really must be an absolute moron though if he thought he could get away with taking on Google like that with disgruntled ex-employees, a very recent ex-wife and ICAC sharpening its claws in the background. Even Sky News is saying this is the end for the Perrottet Government now.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not sure they're really that inept once you ignore the nonsense from Limited News... And yeah they are probably dodgy as hell in many areas. But still no reason to vote for the mendacious arsehats across the aisle.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Worthwhile read for anyone planning to vote in Victoria's election later this year in light of the damning IBAC findings yesterday:

(Too bad our opposition here is just as shit)
It's no different in Qld.

‘Fish rots from the head’: Qld Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk torched over bombshell integrity report

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not sure they're really that inept once you ignore the nonsense from Limited News... And yeah they are probably dodgy as hell in many areas. But still no reason to vote for the mendacious arsehats across the aisle.
Crikey isn't a part of News Limited? Anyway I can handle inept, most Governments have phases of being pretty useless. There's also plenty this Government has done (level crossing removals, hugely ambitious public transport expansion, pandemic management) that shows pretty solid foresight. But the only reason IBAC aren't going ahead with criminal charges is because the laws are too insipid to try - and I bet this Government knew that too. These are not minor misdemeanours, they are serious mismanagement of our f***ing money to further their ends: aka rampant corruption. And they'll get away with it too.

We deserve better.

Haakon

Crikey isn't a part of News Limited? Anyway I can handle inept, most Governments have phases of being pretty useless. There's also plenty this Government has done (level crossing removals, hugely ambitious public transport expansion, pandemic management) that shows pretty solid foresight. But the only reason IBAC aren't going ahead with criminal charges is because the laws are too insipid to try - and I bet this Government knew that too. These are not minor misdemeanours, they are serious mismanagement of our f***ing money to further their ends: aka rampant corruption. And they'll get away with it too.

We deserve better.
We really do, but we wont get it voting LNP is all I'm saying. I reckon Climate 200 will be doing well at the Vic election.

Haakon

An ideal outcome in Victoria I suspect is Labour returned but in minority and beholden to some new "teal" independents. Just not the LNP for the love of dog...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Qld should host a world expo.
Fark yeah! I remember world expo 88. It blew my mind. My parents complained it was a rip off. They just hated spending money on me.
My kids would think it is lame.
I look forward to paying $50 for a vegan hotdog at expo prices.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fark yeah! I remember world expo 88. It blew my mind. My parents complained it was a rip off. They just hated spending money on me.
My kids would think it is lame.
I look forward to paying $50 for a vegan hotdog at expo prices.
As a child I mostly enjoyed it. But the only fun ride there was the monorail...It needed some dodge 'em cars, roller coaster, ghost train, and so on. I did try this wild food called satay for the first time. That was some wild shit.

Flow-Rider

Burner
As a child I mostly enjoyed it. But the only fun ride there was the monorail...It needed some dodge 'em cars, roller coaster, ghost train, and so on. I did try this wild food called satay for the first time. That was some wild shit.
Where did you go Poods? They kept the amusement park open for a few years after it.