The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I don't get the black art of accounting but I can add up. They were getting a subsidy of 17.8 cents per litre. They now get the same 22.1 cents per litre tax break as everyone else as well as getting 4.3 cents back. My adding gives that a total of 26.4 cents per litre they are now being subsidised.
Are they really just complaining about fuel prices or is there something else in the equation that I've missed?

goobags

Likes Dirt
I don't get the black art of accounting but I can add up. They were getting a subsidy of 17.8 cents per litre. They now get the same 22.1 cents per litre tax break as everyone else as well as getting 4.3 cents back. My adding gives that a total of 26.4 cents per litre they are now being subsidised.
Are they really just complaining about fuel prices or is there something else in the equation that I've missed?
Yeah the maths doesn’t add up to them being able to complain. Some good due diligence from news.com.au there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LPG

likes thicc birds
Yeah the maths doesn’t add up to them being able to complain. Some good due diligence from news.com.au there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm assuming the trucking companies didn't change their accounting software to account for the fact that they had their subsidy up front and may have been expecting it again but only get 4.3c instead.

safreek

Apparently so. That's my something new learnt for the day.

Can he represent himself then? That would be even more amusing.
Sometimes with serious charges when people represent themselves they get a judge only trial for fairness. Only facts and no hysterics so can work in the favour of the defendant