The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

PJO

in me vL comy
I'll just leave this here. Stuart Robert talking about Peter Dutton

"You can’t judge someone on either comments they’ve made, or decisions they’ve done when they’re exercising their either personal conscience or their particular viewpoint,"

WTF!!?!??
I guess then all the memes are right, he really is a potato! That's all we have left to judge him on: his appearance.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
He remains my favourite author. Cool he's one of the first I've seen to point out that the Nationals copped a pasting too, despite the wE dIdNt LoSe AnY sEaTs narrative from Canavan and co.

Really enjoyed this take too (pretty similar style):

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I'll just leave this here. Stuart Robert talking about Peter Dutton

"You can’t judge someone on either comments they’ve made, or decisions they’ve done when they’re exercising their either personal conscience or their particular viewpoint,"

WTF!!?!??
Yeah, #LNPshitstains defending each other's bullshit.

ForkinGreat

one of my favourite bits...

With malice toward none and charity for all the cotton-headed-ninny-muggins on the media’s short bus, its not surprising that a key component of a failing system fails to see the system shitting itself to pieces around them. Here at the back end of the week with the Libs and Nats agreeably turning on each other in a zombie arseclown cannibal holocaust, while Deputy Marshal Penny ‘Tombstone’ Wong rides out for the Pacific territories to lay down the Law to those CCP varmints.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
They've got Peta Credlin's husband and Jane Hume (from the Birmingham pice - “Liberal values are very much Australia’s values, and I don’t think that Australia understands that anymore.” - Senator Jane Hume.) doing a review of why they lost.

Should prove to be a balanced and measured report focusing on a wide range of issues no wait sorry its going to be about how to double down on being hard right wing sorry as you were.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
They've got Peta Credlin's husband and Jane Hume (from the Birmingham pice - “Liberal values are very much Australia’s values, and I don’t think that Australia understands that anymore.” - Senator Jane Hume.) doing a review of why they lost.
Peta Credlin will do a great job on that, she wrote two articles in the space of three days this week saying first that the Libs needed to move even further right, then that they like, totally shouldn't and stuff. Potentially had an undiagnosed stroke too, who knows.

Anyway it gets better, here's some insight from Victorian "MP" Dim Tim Smith, who says all those teal independents won because it's a "global phenomenon that wealthy inner-urban elites are voting for the Left."

That's how desperate and stupid they are now, instead of realising how much existential shit they're in for losing their blue ribbon electorates, they're now doubling down with a bit of class warfare against the very people they're never going to win an election without again.

(actually don't click on that link to Tim's article, instead watch this video cus it's much better):

ForkinGreat

Peta Credlin will do a great job on that, she wrote two articles in the space of three days this week saying first that the Libs needed to move even further right, then that they like, totally shouldn't and stuff. Potentially had an undiagnosed stroke too, who knows.

Anyway it gets better, here's some insight from Victorian "MP" Dim Tim Smith, who says all those teal independents won because it's a "global phenomenon that wealthy inner-urban elites are voting for the Left."

That's how desperate and stupid they are now, instead of realising how much existential shit they're in for losing their blue ribbon electorates, they're now doubling down with a bit of class warfare against the very people they're never going to win an election without again.

(actually don't click on that link to Tim's article, instead watch this video cus it's much better):
All that really comes to mind is that the electors of the seat of Kew, VIC, must be the dumbest of dumbcunts, to a) elect timmy in the first place, and b) keep it as their MP, rather than marching on its house with pitchforks, tar and feathers etc - to tell it to never speak or write publically ever again.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
All that really comes to mind is that the electors of the seat of Kew, VIC, must be the dumbest of dumbcunts, to a) elect timmy in the first place, and b) keep it as their MP, rather than marching on its house with pitchforks, tar and feathers etc - to tell it to never speak or write publically ever again.
Just insular, entitled and more interested in their investment portfolios...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
So it looks like the ALP will get a majority in the lower house but will need Greens/Pocock and/or Lambie upstairs.
I think that is a decent result.
Yeah, was kinda hoping the Greens would snare another seat - I thought maybe McNamara, but I can't find any info on where they're in the hunt on preferences or something, so maybe it was somewhere else. If the ALP couldn't form Government without Greens support in the Lower House it'd guarantee substantial action on climate change, probably within this term.

Some pretty strange stuff going on in the remaining seats being counted; Gilmore on the NSW South Coast has had a 13% swing to the Liberals. Wager that's literally the only seat in NSW that's done that.