The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Scotty T

Walks the walk
less funding for services from less taxable employees and any tax the company or its subsidiaries may have been paying. Higher unemployment with higher welfare costs. You say "fuck off", but what happens if you have a family member that needs NDIS and that the first thing that gets cut, or you lose your job and cant get by for a short time on the lower welfare and cant access mental health services because they were cut too? extreme examples but its not simple. I think if the answer was simple, these issues wouldn't exist as they do.
It's like you truly believe trickle down is a thing and we should be thankful that the companies are here, and because they employ people who pay tax they are funding for the NDIS. That's not an extreme example, it's a fantasy.

Any goverment with the balls to tax these companies fairly would not cut things like welfare and NDIS, it's more likely things like negative gearing and fossil fuel subsidies and tax breaks for the wealthy that would be cut.

Like @Litenbror said if the big offshore copmanies go, Twiggy will just take all the iron ore and turn the profits into clean hydrogen and we're all saved ;)

I don't think its obscene that people are billionaires. what they do with their wealth is relevant. Space travel, sanitation in third world, water, energy projects. Just take a look at what some of the billionaires are doing. Shit our government wont. celebrate some of them.
None of them are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, there's money to be made. They will make the money, and they will continue to minimise their taxes, all the while seeming more altruistic than they are. Sure, some good things are happening and some billionaires are dedicated to giving most of it away, but some of them are flying penis rockets for their ultra rich friends and nearly all of them have some record of exploiting people for profits.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
we have a sovereign fund by the way

it has a ten year return of 10% march just gone over a target of 6.4%. Its OK, but given that some withdrawals planned are for future unfunded superannuation liabilities for politicians, its kind of irrelevant how much it makes.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's like you truly believe trickle down is a thing and we should be thankful that the companies are here, and because they employ people who pay tax they are funding for the NDIS. That's not an extreme example, it's a fantasy.

Any goverment with the balls to tax these companies fairly would not cut things like welfare and NDIS, it's more likely things like negative gearing and fossil fuel subsidies and tax breaks for the wealthy that would be cut.

Like @Litenbror said if the big offshore copmanies go, Twiggy will just take all the iron ore and turn the profits into clean hydrogen and we're all saved ;)

None of them are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, there's money to be made. They will make the money, and they will continue to minimise their taxes, all the while seeming more altruistic than they are. Sure, some good things are happening and some billionaires are dedicated to giving most of it away, but some of them are flying penis rockets for their ultra rich friends and nearly all of them have some record of exploiting people for profits.
I didnt realise that resource companies were the only type of company in Australia. My Bad. Also I didnt realise that there are no australian incorporated resource companies that operate primarily resource exraction outside of australia with some operations also here..

yes and it is evil to make money in all forms regardless of whether the outcomes will benefit humans over time and promise to make them more money. Lets all burn our money and fuck inovation becasue we dont want some bald cunt making more money in the future.

i think im bowing out here, but just out of frustration and hunger.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I didnt realise that resource companies were the only type of company in Australia. My Bad. Also I didnt realise that there are no australian incorporated resource companies that operate primarily resource exraction outside of australia with some operations also here..

yes and it is evil to make money in all forms regardless of whether the outcomes will benefit humans over time and promise to make them more money. Lets all burn our money and fuck inovation becasue we dont want some bald cunt making more money in the future.

i think im bowing out here, but just out of frustration and hunger.
Yeah thanks for clarifying what I really said.

If I was against making money I would not have a job.

If I was against innovation I would not work for the most innovative organisation in Australia.

I am about fairness, that's how I vote, that's what I primarily talk about here, and climate action.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have spoken to a few mates and sadly they are sticking with the LNP on the basis that while it could be better it will be a whole lot worse under Labour. Fuck. I suspect I am the only one in my peer group who actually votes on issues and isn't wedded to a party and thus votes that way regardless.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The talk about how government money is poorly spent and some people thinking that's a good reason to pay as little tax as possible, are they gonna go out and build infrastructure or provide healthcare themselves with their tax savings?

Anyway, a corruption watchdog would possibly fix a lot of the really bad spending but pollies can't fight for shit ;)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I have spoken to a few mates and sadly they are sticking with the LNP on the basis that while it could be better it will be a whole lot worse under Labour. Fuck. I suspect I am the only one in my peer group who actually votes on issues and isn't wedded to a party and thus votes that way regardless.
Sad. They must watch Lego Masters, because every ad break in that contains at least one "it won't be easy under Albanese" ad.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't worry. Despite what the polls say, I'm pretty certain Scomo is cooked. He will probably lose a few seats in WA and almost certain to lose to one or more independents. I honestly can't see how on earth he will get back Warringah.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
that's a lot of embroidering on a polo shirt.
It didnt exist in that configuration for long enough to get shirts made I suspect... What was surprising was the official pronunciation of the acronym was Dick Sert. Not sure they thought that through...