The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
...and the only country we really "need" to defend ourselves from is China, and all they'd have to do is shut down supply chains and we'd grind to a halt in about a fortnight.
Yes, stop fuel reaching our shores and it will put a halt to everything quick smart. We can only hope that AliExpress shipments would still be allowed :)

Dutton loves to point and rattle the cage but even the beloved imaginary subs will be years away even before we think about other military things that could come in handy.

No conscription nor compulsory service. What could possibly go wrong.

He will no doubt sit on the shore with Scooter and throw sticks and rocks at the PLA.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt

how the hell the AEC rules this ok is beyond me. straight up lying about the party the candidate is running for.

on the other hand I wouldnt have recognised pocock without his headgear or curly hair from his earlier rugby days. guy is thge antithesis of morrison, stands up for what he believes and gets his hands dirty doing it

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Dutton loves to point and rattle the cage but even the beloved imaginary subs will be years away even before we think about other military things that could come in handy.
Heh, just wait until the next Government has to sheepishly admit that there's no way our current subs will last until 2040 so get ready for our fully imported new ones that circumvent all that pesky need for local contractors, employment, industry or expertise. Why make it when you can just import it? It's the strayan way!
on the other hand I wouldn't have recognised pocock without his headgear or curly hair from his earlier rugby days. guy is the antithesis of morrison, stands up for what he believes and gets his hands dirty doing it
Yeah, could use more of that in our Parliament. A lot more.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

how the hell the AEC rules this ok is beyond me. straight up lying about the party the candidate is running for.

on the other hand I wouldnt have recognised pocock without his headgear or curly hair from his earlier rugby days. guy is thge antithesis of morrison, stands up for what he believes and gets his hands dirty doing it
How the f*** is that not illegal? :mad:

Litenbror

Eats Squid

How the f*** is that not illegal? :mad:
The question that needs to be asked is who is making the decision at the AEC?

Most Senior executives in the Australian Public Service are employed on a contract basis by the Secretary of that department. The Secretary is employed on a contract basis by the Minister, so not really much of a stretch to see who they work for.

So who made the decision it's not against the law and what is their history/background?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's nothing that sinister, it's just not against the law (Federally) for political parties to lie to us during campaigns.
Why we have to knowingly endure this sort of rubbish beats me. If any corporate knowingly lies to the general public then the rules are quite different. Likewise for SMS spam messages that fine if it comes from a political party.

At this point, I really couldn't give a toss who gets in. They all seem to purposely here to shit me no end.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sadly we have a lot of potato advertising out here but someone has drawn a huge dick emerging from the forehead of one. Looks much more betterer. Predictions are gone by tonight.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
It's nothing that sinister, it's just not against the law (Federally) for political parties to lie to us during campaigns.
Yeah this case is pretty clear cut but it's an important point to understand. When PM&C come out and say such and such minister hasn't done anything wrong or particular land purchases were favourable to particular people, these decisions were not made by Public Servants even though it looks like they were.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sadly thats a common (and totally understandable) reaction. And yet this election is incredibly important and the result will markedly and permanently effect us all.
I do agree totally but any idea that a rusted on safe labour seat that I am in would ever change makes little point in bothering. Not a pork barrel to be seen either.

I might as well take my coffee cup to the coast and start emptying the ocean to save Kiribati from going underwater. It is much the same effect.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
5.1% inflation increase reported yesterday:

Meat and seafood (up 6.2 per cent), fruit and vegetables (up 6.8 per cent), dwellings (up 6.7 per cent) and fuel (up 35 per cent). Especially when wages are limping well behind (up only 2.3 per cent over the past year).

There has to be an interest rate rise before the election now. Let's see Scomo try and spin his way out of that.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah but as the Shadow Treasurer whathisname said - how does a (presumed) rate rise, sluggish wage growth and soaring cost of living equate to superior economic management?

Oh yes of course: 4% uNeMpLoYmEnT rAtE (which is a load of shit anyway)
Jim Chalmers is Shadow Treasurer.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah but as the Shadow Treasurer whathisname said - how does a (presumed) rate rise, sluggish wage growth and soaring cost of living equate to superior economic management?

Oh yes of course: 4% uNeMpLoYmEnT rAtE (which is a load of shit anyway)
Yeah, underpaid people and people with a few hours a week because that's all the hours they can get. A lot of people got drunk on the low interest rate, the sobering up time is going to be hell for some.