The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My mate Martin said:
You have two choices.
Either: we spend even less on tackling climate change;
Or: we get a new government.
No need to choose right now, you have a few weeks to think about it, and then indicate your choice on the ballot paper.
Sage advice.

I have little faith in the EV cars as an energy/transport solution. I think we’re trading one energy intensive manufacturing industry for another.

There might be some chance for green hydrogen. I don’t know enough about it.
Agree, cars are required, they should be electric, but that is not the answer to transport.

There's a dude who lives down the road from me, he apparently works in environmental policy. He asked me for my thoughts on EV's knowing from a neighbourly gathering that I have an interest and am doing a project. He had an idea to come up with an easy retrofit option to turn an ICE car to hybrid because "we can't transition everyone straight to electric" so I suggested it would need to be a hub drive, and the hardest bit would be integrating the control systems. That would make it not economically viable IMHO. I said to check out AEVA and ZEVA for better advice from people who know. I think he's pushing shit up hill.

I finished with "personal vehicles are not the answer to transport and climate change, public transport is" and I was absolutely amazed by how quickly he said "well we can't force people to do that" to which I replied "they will just have to do it otherwise the problem remains". This is the attitude that has to change. I was a big fan of the whole EV thing before looking more carefully, somewhat from @hifiandmtb banging on about it not being the solution, and that mass transit is the most efficient way of moving people. My simplistic view, make it free, by removing all fossil fuel subsidies and INCREASING petrol excise to pay for it. Yes we "can force people to do it".

Anyway I dropped the ICE off this morning for service, and caught a tram back to the city instead of an uber, it was great. It involved 25 mins of walking (a walk both ends) but I reckon the tram was 10-15 minutes quicker along Northbourne Ave given the number of standing still cars we sped past.

Hydrogen is almost complete bullshit for now and the forseeable future from what I know. It probably can't ever be made green enough, and it can't be easily utilised as a fuel.

I'll also bang on about electric bicycles being an awesome transport option. Drafting that letter to the local MLA about improvements to legislation that can benefit commuters.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
I've thought about it long & hard.
Solving climate change requires to many tough choices for the public to accept or for politicians to implement.

I'm going to let mother nature decide. She's a malevolent dictator, but she's tough & honest.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
When he looses the election they will load all their failings onto him as he leaves.
But on the plus side he'll be able to afford those much needed Ukelele lessons with his $300,000/year for life taxpayer funded prime minister's pension.

#hillsonggetsanewbandmember

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
But on the plus side he'll be able to afford those much needed Ukelele lessons with his $300,000/year for life taxpayer funded prime minister's pension.

#hillsonggetsanewbandmember
He might be able to buy it outright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I keep reminding those who think that either UAP or one nation will give them their freedom that....
Jabba's a billionaire who had to be dragged through the courts to pay his workers
And
Hanson said this in the senate (Dec 2020) "If you go on a welfare system, you’ve lost your rights.”

Flow-Rider

Burner
I keep reminding those who think that either UAP or one nation will give them their freedom that....
Jabba's a billionaire who had to be dragged through the courts to pay his workers
And
Hanson said this in the senate (Dec 2020) "If you go on a welfare system, you’ve lost your rights.”

View attachment 387897
2 piles of shit that Qld could do without, Clive's latched on to all the freedom wanks, if you watch y-tube in Qld his ads come up all the time.