The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I thought they claim a accommodation allowance as they are not in their normal residence as apposed to this kind of tax arrangement. They just own both properties and this never made sense to me as they are not renting from them selves or maybe they are. I am confused some one explain it to me better.

Principle place of residence.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I thought they claim a accommodation allowance as they are not in their normal residence as apposed to this kind of tax arrangement. They just own both properties and this never made sense to me as they are not renting from them selves or maybe they are. I am confused some one explain it to me better.
I'm not an accountant, I don't really know how they dodge it legally. AFAIK they can only claim full CGT exemption if it's a principal place of residence except for the work space if they've claimed any, so anything else they should be paying the full CGT in any case when the property is sold. The living away from home allowance would be like an extension of their pay.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
driving past strathfield town hall today, by-election this week. along with the posters of candidates is one of little dom bordered by yellow/black tape warning this is what you get voting liberal. he really has hit the ground failing in the job.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
driving past strathfield town hall today, by-election this week. along with the posters of candidates is one of little dom bordered by yellow/black tape warning this is what you get voting liberal. he really has hit the ground failing in the job.
He did inherit a bit of a flaming dog turd...but he has definitely smeared himself in it rather than extinguish it.