The discount code thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just watches though? I need navigation of pre-loaded routes on rides sometimes to the Edge is necessary for that. My watch has maps but would be a PITA to route with.
Hammerhead Karoo V1, massive screen and superfast Android operating system.

I got rid of my Garmin for the Karoo specifically for mapping/Bikepacking.

All other rides these days I don't want a Garmin on my bike anyway, instead recorded on my phone for Strava.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hammerhead Karoo V1, massive screen and superfast Android operating system.

I got rid of my Garmin for the Karoo specifically for mapping/Bikepacking.

All other rides these days I don't want a Garmin on my bike anyway, instead recorded on my phone for Strava.

Eeewwww, andriod. Is there an iOS option? :D

That Karoo one is too big for me, I would prefer a smaller form. I use it on normal MTB and road rides also, not just exploring new places.

I may consider something different but have been heavily committed to Garmin stuff to be honest, with good backup service. Their routing mapping is good now (better than strava I find, especially on the phone app).

ozzybmx

Eeewwww, andriod. Is there an iOS option? :D

That Karoo one is too big for me, I would prefer a smaller form. I use it on normal MTB and road rides also, not just exploring new places.
Weighs 175g vs my last Garmin 830 at ~80g

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...I got rid of my Garmin for the Karoo specifically for mapping/Bikepacking...
I'm keen to do this as well but the battery life seems even crapper than my Garmin Edge 1050. I'd love a unit for bikepacking that had 7 days of battery life (or at least several days). The 1050 is good enough for a couple of days. The Karoo seems only to have enough juice for a day.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Have you tried any of the hacks/sideloads for your Karoo ozzy?
Lots of clever stuff on Karoo forum...Opera /spotify/google app store,etc.
I'd like better battery too. If i don't charge at Pt Wakefield it goes flat on way to the shack (Port Vincent -sh).
Still, I just carry a small battery JIC.

ozzybmx

I'm keen to do this as well but the battery life seems even crapper than my Garmin Edge 1050. I'd love a unit for bikepacking that had 7 days of battery life (or at least several days). The 1050 is good enough for a couple of days. The Karoo seems only to have enough juice for a day.
Yeah correct, run it on low backlight and you will get an easy 12hrs on navigate and record. I've never needed it more than that but usually carry a 10,000mah battery anyway.

ozzybmx

Have you tried any of the hacks/sideloads for your Karoo ozzy?
Lots of clever stuff on Karoo forum...Opera /spotify/google app store,etc.
I'd like better battery too. If i don't charge at Pt Wakefield it goes flat on way to the shack (Port Vincent -sh).
Still, I just carry a small battery JIC.
No not tried anything with it.

It is Andriod and apps/hacks can be written.

They are still doing updates regular even know it's the Marshmallow OS from the Samsung Galaxy 6 or 7.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Time to stock up on brake pads and bling... Not sure how long it goes for though.

Uber20

View attachment 392131
Anyone used the 'E-Matrix' pad compound? Race Matrix not in stock for my brake.

'E-Matrix'
Features

• Boasts the highest level of stopping power in our range.

• Our flagship E-Matrix disc brake pads are based around our hugely popular Race Matrix pad compound, but modified for even greater endurance, power and pad life.

• Features a unique blend of kevlar, ceramics, heat resistant resins and friction materials, which are able to withstand both the increased weight and speeds of E-Bikes and other high endurance riding styles, where high levels of brake power and temperature stability are essential.

• This compound provides a strong bite response with an increase in both brake power and pad life, with a superior and strong, progressive feel throughout the braking range.

• Rotor friendly compound, making it safe to use on all rotor types.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've used them only for a short time on the rear of the hardtail.

Not really a super hard test, but they're quiet and seem at least just as powerful as the regular Race Matrix pads.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
15% off almost everything at Pushys, code: PUSH15
excludes gift cards, Contintenal and Garmin sale items.
Ends 11pm Thurs 18/08/2022

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Any pushys 15% off codes floating around? Or Alternatively any recommendations for where to get a Yakima highroad roof rack?