The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You'll have to excuse the blurry photo, I have a new phone and I can't figure the camera out. So I have relied on some adjustments to try and iron it out. Anyway yesterday I was off work and went to get some groceries. Fuck me if the grocery store didn't have a bunch of everything on sale!!! After I finished busting a nut I loaded up my little basket.

This was slow roasted, reverse seared pork scotch fillet on a bed of roasted bull horn pepper puree with roasted carrots and leeks. Topped off with a honey soy garlic chilli coriander sauce. It was pretty good. Well as long as you like coriander. If you are one of those "it tastes like dog arse" freaks keep moving.

IMG20230530214439~2.jpg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Anyway yesterday I was off work and went to get some groceries. Fuck me if the grocery store didn't have a bunch of everything on sale!!! After I finished busting a nut I loaded up my little basket.

This was slow roasted, reverse seared pork scotch fillet on a bed of roasted bull horn pepper puree with roasted carrots and leeks. Topped off with a honey soy garlic chilli coriander sauce. It was pretty good. Well as long as you like coriander. If you are one of those "it tastes like dog arse" freaks keep moving.

View attachment 399996
Also, this looks amazing!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It must be hard coming from a Nokia 5110
Oh it's worse than that. I used to do a quick oil pastel still life of my food before eating it, then scan the image, load it to my phone, and post it. Those renderings aren't quick if you are using a lot of colourful ingredients! This new phone was supposed to give me the chance to eat a warm a meal again. Unfortunately I am spending 30-45 minutes trying to work out why the fuck it focuses on one tiny pixel of food leaving the rest of the image grainy as fuck and where the fuck the light is and isn't coming from!!! Talk about frustration!

images (4).jpeg

But yes it was delicious, thanks. I plan a similar sauce for ribs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you made Shakshukar before? A must if you love Coriander :)
I have not. I am not much of a recipe user, that's for cakes. Those fuckers need precision! But a quick google shows it to be similar to huevos rancheros, which I have made plenty of times. It goes well with home made baked beans.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I have not. I am not much of a recipe user, that's for cakes. Those fuckers need precision! But a quick google shows it to be similar to huevos rancheros, which I have made plenty of times. It goes well with home made baked beans.
Fuck all precision needed with Shacksukar. The most precise thing you need to do is not get egg shell in your food.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Food looks amazing but a photo a 70s cookbook would be proud of :D
It's a painting! I love the old women's weekly cookbooks. I've got one here somewhere called meals men love...fuck me there isn't many veggies in there!

House has terrible lighting for photos and I still can't work the new camera out. It has 40 million uber pixels and still looks like a kid drew it in crayon. Perhaps too many pixels! One day I'll figure it out.