The cooking thread

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've grated some Grana Padano, got the pasta on the stove and I've made a GF damper that I turned into garlic bread. I also pulled a tub of aussienaise out of the freezer to zapp while the pasta cooks. For some reason my kitchen is smelling like vindaloo. I'm going to run with it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've grated some Grana Padano, got the pasta on the stove and I've made a GF damper that I turned into garlic bread. I also pulled a tub of aussienaise out of the freezer to zapp while the pasta cooks. For some reason my kitchen is smelling like vindaloo. I'm going to run with it

You're going to have to help me out here...Google didn't give me much to work with.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
What your average Australian calls bolognaise is so far removed from Bolognese style ragu that even if we do add a French sounding suffix it's still insulting to Italians. I still wolf it down though.
The garlic bread could have just been a replacement for a garlic naan, the red lentil pasta I used worked fine but the cheese was just a huge clash. Perhaps I shouldn't have added the lime pickle and mango chutney on the side.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What your average Australian calls bolognaise is so far removed from Bolognese style ragu that even if we do add a French sounding suffix it's still insulting to Italians. I still wolf it down though.
The garlic bread could have just been a replacement for a garlic naan, the red lentil pasta I used worked fine but the cheese was just a huge clash. Perhaps I shouldn't have added the lime pickle and mango chutney on the side.
Or the paprika, ginger, coriander, turmeric, mustard powder, cumin, cinnamon, and red chili flakes? What's your gf damper recipe?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Or the paprika, ginger, coriander, turmeric, mustard powder, cumin, cinnamon, and red chili flakes? What's your gf damper recipe?
Nothing fancy, just packet SR flour, generous pinch of salt and a dash of oil. Oven at about 200 and time depends on the size of the blob. Bigger blobs give you a thicker crust before the inside is cooked.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I'm still confused...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not something I cooked but...

Stopped at Windsor on our way home on Saturday for a cheeky beverage and decided a bite wouldn't go astray, looked at the menu and there was a vast array "loaded Schnitzels", intrigued I went for the Mexicana, schnitty, chilli, guac, sour cream, jalapenos and a few corn chips sticking out of the sloppy concoction like sails.

As bad as it looked it tasted bloody good...will try again.

1683529552420.jpeg

Last edited: