The cooking thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cooked Nagi's beef massaman yesterday in the slow cooker. Backed off the chilli :( for obvious reasons but having said that I suspect using the full quota would be bloody hot. It was great by the way. Browned the meat and then threw that and the stock and lemon grass rejects into the slow cooker. Made the dry curry mix while that got its first hour in and then added the curry. Chucked in potatoes with a couple of hours to go and then peanuts when I put the rice on.

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
Cooked Nagi's beef massaman yesterday in the slow cooker. Backed off the chilli :) for obvious reasons but having said that I suspect using the full quota would be bloody hot. It was great by the way. Browned the meat and then threw that and the stock and lemon grass rejects into the slow cooker. Made the dry curry mix while that got its first hour in and then added the curry. Chucked in potatoes with a couple of hours to go and then peanuts when I put the rice on.
I think this thread should be changed to the Nagi recipetineats appreciation thread!
There are a lot of acolytes here.

Last edited by a moderator:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did lamb shanks the other nite , but with a 5 bean mix and i ' slipped with the chillis' they didnt seem that hot ...... 6 hours later .

Gosh it was good - but warming in the Autumn cool .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Quick job on some pork loin I found in the food graveyard (freezer)...crackle was good and hard, but it didn't bubble like it normally does. No sure if that is because of being frozen or some other factor. Meat was moist and delicious, and garlic loaded. Served on roasted carrots because I didn't have any other veggies on hand.

View attachment 398154

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had a bit of time yesterday afternoon...thanks to the rain arriving at fish-o'clock, so I coked some pork belly.

IMG_20230404_181653384~5.jpg

IMG_20230404_182046867~2.jpg

It was just a small piece. I also threw some cheap beef in the slow cooker. The it stopped raining so I went fishing, which was a calamity all in itself. Things were pretty active so I got home later than I meant to and fuck me! If I'd been much later the slow cooker would have been on fire. It tasted so cook though.

Attachments