The cooking thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lol, like a fancy arse hot dog then..

Is this a Korean fusion dish? https://mykoreankitchen.com/army-stew-budae-jjigae/ Kimchi, frankfurt - I'm not knocking it BTW, looks yummy.
I love how the frankfurt has been cut to resemble calamari, and the knob end has been left.
The Korean Army Stew does look good. Keep hot pot for winter.

This one is more like Japanese cold ramen, like this kind of thing
https://www.justonecookbook.com/hiyashi-chuka-cold-ramen/

Mrs has a knack of putting things together freestyle that on paper don't sound like they match but it all works out somehow. You can mix and match ingredients and rarely are two dishes the same here.

Tis magic that I cannot figure out and can only watch and wonder :)

The frankfurt, egg, cold noodles and American mustard work well but she usually adds shredded cucumber and daikon if on hand. Any vegetables that are generally light in taste and fresher the better. Dusted with seaweed flakes and shredded nori also help.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I saw that one - I was referencing the mix rather than the actual dish for the comparison....
Oh, sorry. The Korean dish does look pretty similar bit must have bit more bite to it.

I do love hot pot / Shabu shabu. If I was Poods or Moorey now then I'd be lining up for it right about now.

The chili oil + peppercorn Szechuan hot pots are too much for me though. Once my tongue goes numb then I'm out :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cooked chilli chicken last night trying for the Indo-Chinese style of dish. It wasn't. Anyway the recipe called for a total of 2 tablespoons of chilli powder and 5-6 green chilli's. Minister for war isn't into hot spicy food so I used 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder and 0 chillis. It was still too hot apparently. Looked just like a generic chicken stir-fry in the end. Sigh. More recipe hunting needed. Anyway for lunch I heated up some of the left over chicken and some rice, doused it in sweet chilli sauce and had it in a wrap! Indo-Chinese burrito!!

Might try this recipe again and whack in sweet chilli instead of chilli powder.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If he likes it hot...I was thinking he finds a flavoursome recipe without the spice to make the other diners happy, but then prepares a chili sambal chutney jam type mix in for himself to liven it up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If he likes it hot...I was thinking he finds a flavoursome recipe without the spice to make the other diners happy, but then prepares a chili sambal chutney jam type mix in for himself to liven it up.
I am still fucking here. I throw diced chilli on top. And put some on the food.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am still fucking here. I throw diced chilli on top. And put some on the food.
Who are you? I reckon your inquisitive nature is going to lead to the creation of some kind of hot flavour bomb....soy reduction, garlic infusion, fresh chilli, and something something...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Freediver

I can go full Karen
You know you are now bound to let them use a shovel to cut the cake! Strangers on the internet are expecting it. And while a normal little hand trowel will probably do, I personally dont think you have any other option than:

Buy
You know you are now bound to let them use a shovel to cut the cake! Strangers on the internet are expecting it. And while a normal little hand trowel will probably do, I personally dont think you have any other option than:

Buy
Ever heard the saying"calls a spade a spade and not a bloody shovel".

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Did you say potato or tomato? I can't hear you clearly over the static.
It's a spade, not a shovel. Spades are for digging and killing, shovels are for shoveling.
I hadn't heard of the Spetnez spade until this week when dozens of Russians died rushing into battle with them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's a spade, not a shovel. Spades are for digging and killing, shovels are for shoveling.
I hadn't heard of the Spetnez spade until this week when dozens of Russians died rushing into battle with them.

Pretty sure it says shovel...you'll have to take this up with the manufacturer.

I'm sure a lot of Russians have been equipped poorly and considered somewhat disposable by their masters many times during history. Surely it would fan mustard gas away fairly well though? Whether it's a shovel or a rake, it's clearly not a sieve.