The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You have to try pretty hard to fuck up a potato bake! Well I came close...fucking thing puked out of the dish all through the oven! Then the cheese on top hopped off the ride at the last station before burnt. It still tastes good, but it's a warning to all of us - don't get distracted while cooking!

IMG_20220904_172109325~2.jpg

slowmick

38-39"
@Labcanary - do you have a tub of Neapolitan ice cream in your freezer? I thought that would have been out of fashion by now.

There was waffles in our house this morning 2. Such a great way to start the day. Miss 6 also approves of ice cream for breakfast.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You have to try pretty hard to fuck up a potato bake! Well I came close...fucking thing puked out of the dish all through the oven! Then the cheese on top hopped off the ride at the last station before burnt. It still tastes good, but it's a warning to all of us - don't get distracted while cooking!

View attachment 392568
I learned the hard to clean the oven way. Tray containing the bake goes on a larger tray...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@Labcanary - do you have a tub of Neapolitan ice cream in your freezer? I thought that would have been out of fashion by now.

There was waffles in our house this morning 2. Such a great way to start the day. Miss 6 also approves of ice cream for breakfast.
Waffles are the best. I like to make a big batch and freeze some too.
The ice cream was some weird 4x mix. Chocolate, cookies and cream, vanilla and "groovy gumdrops".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I learned the hard to clean the oven way. Tray containing the bake goes on a larger tray...
After I reached in and wiped the molten cheese and goo from the bottom of the oven at a rather high temperature I laid some foil in there to prevent a repeat. Hand got so hot!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Check the oven destructions, ours forbids foil as the surface gets very hot.
This.

I had the same when an oversized cottage pie started bubbling over, whacked some foil on the bottom to contain the mess... :rolleyes:the foil half melted and stuck to the bottom of the oven, couldn't get it off for months until I had the genius idea of about 250° for 1/2 hour and turned it to white powder

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Check the oven destructions, ours forbids foil as the surface gets very hot.
Oh certainly not a permanent placement. Fan forced - foil had problems staying in place.

Just had dinner...rump steak with home made chimichurri. But I used coriander instead of parsley because I like flavour. I got to give myself a pat on the back as well. I managed to good a reasonably big steak with a nice crust and not set my smoke alarm off! I got ahead of the game this time - doors wide open and fan on early. House still smoked up a bit, but not enough.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I found myself with more citrus than I can eat and drink at home and no space in the freezer. I'll never eat it if I make marmalade, as much as I'd love it, so...making some everlasting dehydrated wheels of lemon and blood orange. Enjoy them in the warm glow of my oven...

IMG_20220930_092147186~4.jpg
IMG_20220930_092147186~4.jpg
IMG_20220930_092147186~3.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How did you do the leeks? You can't post that and just move on.
The leeks tasted so much better than they looked, and I didn't even have time to fuck around with them. Normally once they are well on the way to cooked I'd drop some butter and salt on them to really get the mmmmmmmm vibes happening. They are an awesome accompaniment to baked white meats or as part of a vege stack.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The leeks tasted so much better than they looked, and I didn't even have time to fuck around with them. Normally once they are well on the way to cooked I'd drop some butter and salt on them to really get the mmmmmmmm vibes happening. They are an awesome accompaniment to baked white meats or as part of a vege stack.
Really useful recipe.

Minlak

custom titis
Really useful recipe.
I assume you will have to wait for the cook book to be posted online to his cooking vlogs before you will find out - I do them pretty much like a baked onion when doing the roast veggies - oil salt pepper garlic powder - cut off chunks big enough (onion size) and bake away - normally for about 90 mins on 190 devs fan forced - but my oven runs hotter than the temp suggests