The cooking thread

Norco Maniac

Is back!
How do you feel about going out for dinner and paying too much for a really flavourless meal that dpesn satisfy your hunger and possibly leaves you unwell?
I hate going out for dinner. Apart from the bright lights, the overly loud musak, the crowded tables, patrons being loud and staff who either disappear or hover, i truly dislike paying for food that's not as good as i can cook. I also heartily dislike having to raise my voice to talk to my dinner partner.

In the four years we've been back in Coffs we've tried a fair few places in our price range, and only the Indian at Sawtell felt kind of right.

I'm a bloody good cook, having had 40-odd years to practice, just wish i had the leisure time to enjoy it more.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As tempting as that is I can't really eat out every meal of my life.
Not with that attitude...though I did find Perth an expensive place for dining out.

I hate going out for dinner. Apart from the bright lights, the overly loud musak, the crowded tables, patrons being loud and staff who either disappear or hover, i truly dislike paying for food that's not as good as i can cook. I also heartily dislike having to raise my voice to talk to my dinner partner.

In the four years we've been back in Coffs we've tried a fair few places in our price range, and only the Indian at Sawtell felt kind of right.

I'm a bloody good cook, having had 40-odd years to practice, just wish i had the leisure time to enjoy it more.
I dine out a lot more than I make my own food, mostly because I don't like cleaning up after myself. I make a real mess!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Does anyone have an oat-bar recipe they're partial to?
When you say oat bar, do you mean something like a traditional muesli bar (eg Carmen's) or something like the biscuit-hiding-behind-healthy sounding-name bar? (eg Aldi oat bars).

If the former, this recipe worked well for me.

And if you fucking hate reading through fucking recipe fucking blogs, scroll hurriedly to the bottom of the page.

Don't forget to let it cool completely in the tin and then in the fridge before cutting. It really does help.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just got home from having dinner at the pub. While sitting in friends car out the front of the house I was blown away by the delicious aroma of pork in the slow cooker. I put a kilo of pork ribs in the slow cooker about 7pm...holy shit they smell good.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
When you say oat bar, do you mean something like a traditional muesli bar (eg Carmen's) or something like the biscuit-hiding-behind-healthy sounding-name bar? (eg Aldi oat bars).
I'm trying to find something to eat to give me the energy for intense excercise like box-jumps; threading the needle between wanting to passing out or throw up. So something sporting, like a Clif, I guess. I don't like the fuckloads of plastic and taste of many commercial muesli bars. Maybe it's because almonds are only tasty if they're roasted or not liking sunflour seeds.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

If the former, this recipe worked well for me.

And if you fucking hate reading through fucking recipe fucking blogs, scroll hurriedly to the bottom of the page.

Don't forget to let it cool completely in the tin and then in the fridge before cutting. It really does help.
Or click on the jump to recipe button. :D This looks good. See if I get the time to bake it this weekend.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Or click on the jump to recipe button. :D This looks good. See if I get the time to bake it this weekend.
Some bastards don't have the skip button or it's hidden too well by sneaky ads :( But yes, skip to the end is ideal!

I also don't bother with a recipe unless it uses metric measurements.

I had a muesli mix given to me, so I added up the weight of the oats, trail mix and puffed cereal and used that amount of the muesli mix. Like a total chump, I forgot the choc chips. So the kids won't touch this batch!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Some bastards don't have the skip button or it's hidden too well by sneaky ads :( But yes, skip to the end is ideal!

I also don't bother with a recipe unless it uses metric measurements.

I had a muesli mix given to me, so I added up the weight of the oats, trail mix and puffed cereal and used that amount of the muesli mix. Like a total chump, I forgot the choc chips. So the kids won't touch this batch!
Melt the chocolate and drizzle on top?