The cooking thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sweet & sour pig has become something of a favourite. This was good. Served with steamed soft fluffy sushi rice.

And tonight decided to do a potato/sweet potato gratin.

Cookeded...

And on a plate with rare fillet of eye, garlic asparagus and the BBQ sauce recipe I posted a while back.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Teaspoon of butter mixed with about 1/3 cup cream. Then coat the sliced tubers in the mix and assemble in the muffin tin which helps to keep them organised. Chuck a handful of whatever cheese (grilling stuff or pizza stuff) in and soak up the goo and throw that on top from a distance of at least 2m. 453 to 475K for 45 mins.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
This week's bulk cookup includes:
Green Thai slowcooker gravy beef curry with coconut cream, red capsicum, onion, celery, potato, and butternut pumpkin. It'll be served with steamed broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower.

Sweet and sour mango (marked down) pork chops with veg and rice,
And mixed beef and (marked down) home made venison rissoles with cooked garlic, grated potato and onion as a binder, with steamed veg and potato plus tomato, onion a n d butter sauce.

With a Wolverine to feed i need to budget.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
This week's bulk cookup includes:
Green Thai slowcooker gravy beef curry with coconut cream, red capsicum, onion, celery, potato, and butternut pumpkin. It'll be served with steamed broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower.

Sweet and sour mango (marked down) pork chops with veg and rice,
And mixed beef and (marked down) home made venison rissoles with cooked garlic, grated potato and onion as a binder, with steamed veg and potato plus tomato, onion a n d butter sauce.

With a Wolverine to feed i need to budget.
My son just asked me today "What does a wolverine eat?" Now I can tell him!

I baked 3 loaves of bread for the week ahead and that's as far as I got with meal planning/prepping!

Norco Maniac

Is back!

I baked 3 loaves of bread for the week ahead and that's as far as I got with meal planning/prepping!
He costs me a fortune. This

He costs me a fortune in food. It's like feeding my sons when they were teenagers, he'll eat literally four times as much as me for dinner and then a family block of chocolate a night. 500g per meal in meat alone and he's the skinny one! And my job is just as active!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
He costs me a fortune. This

He costs me a fortune in food. It's like feeding my sons when they were teenagers, he'll eat literally four times as much as me for dinner and then a family block of chocolate a night. 500g per meal in meat alone and he's the skinny one! And my job is just as active!
Our husbands/partners sound very similar. Mine can look at a bike and he loses weight. He often eats twice as much as me and cleans up the scraps too.
My 6 year old will eat as much as me if it's his favourite meal (home made pizza)
I'm not looking forward to when my boys are teenagers, they'll be prowling the kitchen at all hours looking for food.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Our husbands/partners sound very similar. Mine can look at a bike and he loses weight. He often eats twice as much as me and cleans up the scraps too.
My 6 year old will eat as much as me if it's his favourite meal (home made pizza)
I'm not looking forward to when my boys are teenagers, they'll be prowling the kitchen at all hours looking for food.
I just spent 3 days solo with my 5 grandchildren. 7, 4 and 2yro boys plus 11 month old identical girls. I was basically in the kitchen making snacks (fruits, cheese, vegemite scrolls, eggs, nut bars, crackers etc etc) among breakfast lunch and dinner (which in true kid form they wouldn't eat despite being the dinner they requested) all day with a chorus of "I'm hungry! every 15 minutes. Heaven help my daughter when these boys hit pre puberty, her brothers were eating 3-5 times as much as their dad by the time they were 10. And we had our own veg, mushroom, and fruit gardens! Even then i would stretch meat meals out with beans and mushrooms.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
This week's bulk cookup is a bit sparse because I've had to work my day off, and reflecting the extra physical labour I've been up to, clean-prepping my daughter's house as a birthday present whilst she and her hubby were away, and simultaneously wrangling my 5 grandbabbies over a long weekend. I neeeeed red meat!

My slowcookers are currently schmoozing a 50/50 mix of mushrooms and marked-down blade steak in tomatoes, onions and spices which I'll prep box up with steamed broccoli and carrots, and a 1.5kg hunk of silverside in apple cider vinegar, onion, turmeric, cumin, coriander seed, black pepper, and ginger. That will be boxed up with boiled tatties and cabbage and possibly frozen broad beans (which i love but hubs won't eat) plus white sauce.
I've also turbo oven cooked 3 of 5 huge chicken drumsticks i got at marked down, in PeriPeri sauce for my work lunches this week to go with baby roma tomatoes and Lebanese cucumbers and flatbread. The other 2 legs went into the freezer with excess beef rissoles i made a couple of weeks ago for another dinner. Hubs loves my rissoles, won't eat drumsticks, but at least we agree on the veg for a mixed meal.