The cooking thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I bought a 3 bank bread tin from a friend who has a side hustle of making and selling traditional Danish rye bread.
Test batch of boring old white bread today and I'm pretty happy with the tins.
Second proofing in the tins with a heavy metal lid (\m/), baked with lid on for about 20 minutes, then took the lid off for another 15 minutes. Magic. Soup and bread for dinner tonight.
View attachment 391552
View attachment 391553
Now I have to adjust my usual recipe to fill the third tin.
I read that initially as sound proofing and thought what the fuck? Guess it takes all types. I am better now. Really.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Irish stew on the menu tonight.

Went to a local pub (Irish) last week for Miss 10s B'day and Mrs nzhumpy had the Irish stew which little miss thoroughly enjoyed, so with Mr11 away at school camp this week a repeat of the B'day dinner was requested.

I love winter cooking.

cammas

Seamstress
For all my Maltese brethren I cooked Imqarrun il-forn or Għaġin il-Forn depending which part your from and for everyone else it’s pasta/macaroni bake, normally don’t get to eat this anymore as my fibromyalgia and pasta do not play nice together. Since I’m off work I decided to make it, as it won’t stuff me around for work or riding. Pretty simple dish and great comfort food, don’t know if the Mrs & daughter are being nice but apparently it tastes better than what my mum use to make. To me it’s good and reminds me of my childhood, having dinner with the family which there isn’t much left of, fuck food can be good.
For the uninitiated it’s made with beef, tomato paste, curry powder, onions, peas and eggs, to me it has to be made corned beef, yeah that stuff from a can (mmm healthy ;)) and it wouldn’t be Maltese if there wasn’t any peas. Also it has to be cooked until the tips of the pasta are really cooked nearly burnt, I put a touch too much cheese on top, as it should be crispy pasta curling up that you can snap off and burn your tongue on.

Attachments

Freediver

I can go full Karen
For all my Maltese brethren I cooked Imqarrun il-forn or Għaġin il-Forn depending which part your from and for everyone else it’s pasta/macaroni bake, normally don’t get to eat this anymore as my fibromyalgia and pasta do not play nice together. Since I’m off work I decided to make it, as it won’t stuff me around for work or riding. Pretty simple dish and great comfort food, don’t know if the Mrs & daughter are being nice but apparently it tastes better than what my mum use to make. To me it’s good and reminds me of my childhood, having dinner with the family which there isn’t much left of, fuck food can be good.
For the uninitiated it’s made with beef, tomato paste, curry powder, onions, peas and eggs, to me it has to be made corned beef, yeah that stuff from a can (mmm healthy ;)) and it wouldn’t be Maltese if there wasn’t any peas. Also it has to be cooked until the tips of the pasta are really cooked nearly burnt, I put a touch too much cheese on top, as it should be crispy pasta curling up that you can snap off and burn your tongue on.

View attachment 391659View attachment 391661
I never thought of curry powder as a Maltese ingredient. Is it used in many Maltese dishes?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
That skin looks like it has the perfect amount of char happening...looks delish.