The cooking thread

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Fatboy meet Mr Carolina Reaper!
Holy Jesus, Mary and all the Saints......Fucking Wow
When eating and self harm merge into one!
to make things worse, I keep wiping the sweat from my brow and face too, yep still have chilli on my hands
I love chili, I'd eat it 4 nights out of five but reapers are not on the menu. They're just being silly.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Home made ish BBQ/ steak sauce

1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup Heinz ketchup, 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp each onion powder / turmeric / black pepper and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce. Add 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper ifn you want. Heat until simmering. Add water as needed for viscosity. Simmer for 5 mins. Drown some dead animal in it. Eat.

cammas

Seamstress
Felt like a casserole tonight nothing over the top but after a shitty day I needed some good old comfort food.
Like most of the stuff I cook usually comes out of my head, put the baking dish on the burner fried up some diced onion then after it started to go translucent threw in some diced pork and browned it. Put in crap load of turmeric, bit of curry powder, garlic and mixed herbs, whilst doing this that I diced up half a pumpkin, just as the last bits of pork are a touch pink put in the pumpkin, some frozen diced veggies, some chunks of frozen spinach stirred it all up then poured in some veggie stock got it to temp. Then whacked it in the oven for 35 minutes, whilst it sat in there I cut up some Turkish bread and bingo dinner is served, don’t mind my crappy photo but it certainly tasted good and hit that craving spot, even Mrs Cammas enjoyed it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Another busy weekend, but you bet I squeezed some pork belly in the oven yesterday. Photo was rushed as I pulled this put of the over about 20 Minutes before heading to work. Flesh was covered in my pork spice mix and garlic, skin received my usual low fuss crackleing prep. Didn't get to eat it til late last night, cold but still crunchy and delicious.

cammas

Seamstress
No photos today but made lamb shanks for dinner slow cooked in veggie stock, onion, carrots, zucchini, spinach and half a stubby of ale, served with mashed sweet potatoes, roasted pumpkin, roast zucchini and some peas.
Used the oven instead of the slow cooker and was done in under 3 hours and turned out really good, had mum over for dinner and she will let you know if it’s not up to standard, everyone thoroughly enjoyed it including mum. I think the beer adds a kind of sweetness and glaze to the sauce, first time using beer for slow cooking and probably won’t be the last, 4 Pines refreshing ale was the beer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Onions, garlic, mushrooms, oregano, basil, thyme, crushed tomatoes, adzuki beans, and red lentils all simmered away into an aromatic and flavoursome little stew. But as far as the internet will ever know I may as well be eating bachelor chow!

LTIH - When delicious food is not photogenic.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I tried to convince a customer to add some bacon and maple syrup to his banana bread order today. He looked at me like I was pissing on his windshield. I prompted him...it's like waffles and bacon, but so much better. He told he wasn't a risk taker. It's good, trust me.

cammas

Seamstress
I tried to convince a customer to add some bacon and maple syrup to his banana bread order today. He looked at me like I was pissing on his windshield. I prompted him...it's like waffles and bacon, but so much better. He told he wasn't a risk taker. It's good, trust me.
I baked mine with maple syrup instead of sugar also used olive oil instead of other cooking oils then to mix it up I added some chunks of dark chocolate, it really took the density out of it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I baked mine with maple syrup instead of sugar also used olive oil instead of other cooking oils then to mix it up I added some chunks of dark chocolate, it really took the density out of it.
How good is maple syrup!?!???!!!??!??

You know it just need some butter, crispy bacon, and maple drizzle now...

cammas

Seamstress
So this afternoon I came down with a cracking headache/migraine so while I was waiting for the meds to kick I kept my mind occupied and baked some cookies. They are sugar free with dates and maple syrup, they were supposed to be choc chip with some dark chocolate but I added the dates that were soaking in hot black coffee too early and melted the chips but none the less they taste good and will be good prior to a walk or ride. Nice and simple to whip up with some oats, flour, tinge of ginger and turmeric plus a pinch of rock salt and some Nuttlex.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Bit of an unfortunate appearance on those. I baked some Anzac biscuits yesterday to take to a picnic. Mostly because they're simple and store fine in the sun. Today being Anzac day was a happy coincidence.

cammas

Seamstress
Bit of an unfortunate appearance on those. I baked some Anzac biscuits yesterday to take to a picnic. Mostly because they're simple and store fine in the sun. Today being Anzac day was a happy coincidence.
Luckily they taste better than they look, had a couple this morning and they’re not too heavy or dense next time I’ll add the choc chips last or leave them out.