The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I put some of that whisky to work...whipped up some pork loin with caramelized leek and peas with a whisky sauce. I'm not going to lie, execution was perfect but all that was achieved with the whisky was to intensify the unpleasant flavours.

I threw a pretty big was of butter in last minute hoping to suppress the whisky. Instead I achieved some pretty globs of oil.

the flambe was impressive! Stove top now covered in (more) shit than usual! Splattered like a mother fucker.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Tried this again last night. 15 minutes of simmering my arse Nagi, the packet says 20± seasonal differences. At least I didn't burn the bottom this time but still not sure I got it right. I haven't eaten much lentils so I'm not entirely sure on what's right.

On another note, how are you all handling the shortages? I'd like to try macaroni à la française but I can't buy macaroni nor cheese.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tried this again last night. 15 minutes of simmering my arse Nagi, the packet says 20± seasonal differences. At least I didn't burn the bottom this time but still not sure I got it right. I haven't eaten much lentils so I'm not entirely sure on what's right.

On another note, how are you all handling the shortages? I'd like to try macaroni à la française but I can't buy macaroni nor cheese.
I've been a bit confused as to how wa is being hit hard with shortages with such low case loads. I thought a lot of produce in WA was from wa? Or are shortages more bulky centrally produced by goods?

ausdb

Being who he is
I've been a bit confused as to how wa is being hit hard with shortages with such low case loads. I thought a lot of produce in WA was from wa? Or are shortages more bulky centrally produced by goods?
I'll take a photo in a supermarket today, looks worse than peak covid. It's not so much the covid but the rail line and Nullarbor getting fuxxored by the rains.
You don't realise how much of our food comes from the east coast. Fresh fruit and veges are ok and a bit like the olden days when it was seasonal. Anything else is pretty bare still.