The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle for the win on roast pork.

This thread is making my hungry. Thankfully I’ve made a beef rendang that’s been slow cooking for 6 hours. Now to chop some corriander and serve it up.
Cheers. A friend asked yesterday "do you ever eat anything other than pork?" Yes...but pork cooks so fast. I've eaten all that pork belly already.

I'm doing some corned beef ATM but I'm not at my home so don't have a bay tree on hand. I'm giving lemon tea tree a go. It smells great.
Curious to hear how this turns out. Oh wait...I see your next post.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Tonight is a Greek-seasoned lamb fillet cooked in a wood-fired mini weber. Currently tuning the fire to get just the right depth coal bed before I chuck the meat on.

The mini is a bit tricky to set up due to the small bowl; if the coal bed is kept low in order to avoid burning the surface, it can tend to die out before the meat is cooked properly. On the flipside, a good coal depth that holds enough heat ends up really close to the meat and burns the outside to inedible blackness. So when you do get it just right, it's immensely satisfying, and the results indescribably delicious. :D

Minlak

custom titis
Been watching these guys in YouTube a bit - some of it is time waster interesting- saw this today how cool would it be to be able just like this in Aus - I have used other delivery services before and they are fine but these are another level.

Minlak

custom titis
We bought an air fryer but went with a different style one this is actually a bench top oven with many cooking modes including air fry - cooking times are definitely less with this than the normal oven but we put that down to it being overall smaller in size with the 2 heating elements - oven warms quicker and temps more consistent- air frying chips and chicken etc is certainly more crunchy as well.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It's Traditional Sunday Roast Night out here and I've just introduced some of my colleagues to the delights of my old man's alternative Yorkshire Pudding recipe.

It's a simple recipe: Instead of loading up your yorkshire pudding with mash and gravy and whatnot in your main course, leave it off the plate then come back for it when it's time for dessert.
You then stuff as much ice-cream into the hollow in the centre and enjoy! The heat of the pudding slowly melts the ice cream whilst the crispy savoury pastry surroundings act as a delicious bowl.

It's not that mad a combination when you think about it. The pastry is quite similar to the choux pastry used in profiteroles after all.

Minlak

custom titis
It's Traditional Sunday Roast Night out here and I've just introduced some of my colleagues to the delights of my old man's alternative Yorkshire Pudding recipe.

It's a simple recipe: Instead of loading up your yorkshire pudding with mash and gravy and whatnot in your main course
My Mum is British and whenever we hade pot roast we also had to have Yorkshire pudding but ours was different to what you describe - it was a pastry story thing cooked in dripping from the roast and fried - thing like a fried bread or scone - was never any hollows like you describe just like a square of roasted goodness

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So overall it worked well. Rub was salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and potato starch. Egg wash with a hint of sesame oil. Pork loin dipped in the wash then coated in the rub. Veges just chopped and put in the air fryer at 180C for 10 minutes while the pork sat and absorbed the rub. Then both for another 7 minutes with a shake around half way through and a light spray of oil. Then another couple of minutes. Vegetable were perfect and the pork was a wee bit overcooked. Maybe two minutes or drop temp to 160C.

Have a recipe for a bourbon rub I have used on slow cooked beef and I will give that a go...

stirk

Burner

It's a simple recipe: Instead of loading up your yorkshire pudding with mash and gravy and whatnot in your main course, leave it off the plate then come back for it when it's time for dessert.
You then stuff as much ice-cream into the hollow in the centre and enjoy! The heat of the pudding slowly melts the ice cream whilst the crispy savoury pastry surroundings act as a delicious bowl.

It's not that mad a combination when you think about it. The pastry is quite similar to the choux pastry used in profiteroles after all.
I've grown up with making sure there are spare puddings for dessert, normally just some raspberry or strawberry jam on top. So good!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wine and cheese for dinner...supplier threw me some sample bottles and they aren't going to review themselves!