The cooking thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Big day and more than a bit lazy tonight so just sausages and chips and some green stuff. Grabbed some small beef sausages from the butcher, didn't look closely...

Air fried the sausages, great result. Did the chips as well* and dished it up. Before I ate anything #1 screamed out "what the hell are these things?" Mum don't eat the sausages... So I took a bite, hmmm bit peppery. Went over to the bin and checked the label 'Mexican chilli flavour'. More peppery than chilli but not overpowering and rather good. #1 ate one and gave up, Mrs Cannon ate 1/2. I had three. Did explain why the offcut I tried to feed the cat was ignored.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I forgot to add...
* I did the chips in the usual air fry manner, big chunky bits of dutton with Italian herbs and some garlic and onion powder. Except I grabbed cardamon instead of onion powder. Meh. Added the onion powder too. Fucking delicious.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So a friend sent me a link to this...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrNvLH9vPBx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I'm not a huge fan of this guy and I wouldn't think a negroni would match well with beef to begin with, but this clip gave me 2 ideas. Firstly off a negroni baked pork/chicken/duck/turkey seems a better idea. A quick look in the fridge and I had pork. Let the experimenting begin! Also at some stage I am going to do something similar with peated whisky and beef.

So I did a negroni steam roasted pork with garlic, fennel seeds, and lemon rind (I didn't have any oranges). Fuck me! The aoma was awesome and the flavour is sensational, but the pork is not on good terms with the camera.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's fair praise coming from Poods, the king of all things porcine.

Looks at the juice...that's some damn fine work. Almost makes me want to rush out and buy some pork belly! I skinned the last pork I purchased and cooked the crackling seperate to the meat. I ended up with some awesome crackling! The meat was super juicy and tender. None of it was very photogenic though. This was my negroni steam baked pork a few weeks ago.

I'm all about chicken the moment. Maybe turkey net week.

Wise, but not a cannibal.