The cooking thread

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Do we need a new topic?
Desperately.
I've been doing a version of cock a leekie soup that I really enjoy.
I boil whole spuds in chicken stock until it's they're about done then throw in some chicken thigh. While this is happening I fry off a thinly sliced leek in butter. When the chicken is cooked I pull it out and throw the leeks in with about a dozen quartered prunes and let it cook for a few more minutes while I rest the chicken.
Divide the soup into your bowls and slice the chicken to put on top.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Desperately.
I've been doing a version of cock a leekie soup that I really enjoy.
I boil whole spuds in chicken stock until it's they're about done then throw in some chicken thigh. While this is happening I fry off a thinly sliced leek in butter. When the chicken is cooked I pull it out and throw the leeks in with about a dozen quartered prunes and let it cook for a few more minutes while I rest the chicken.
Divide the soup into your bowls and slice the chicken to put on top.
You're doing this in a very strange order.

Fry the Leek in butter (add some diced carrots and celery if you want) . Get some colour on it. Chuck in your chicken thighs (diced). colour them. Add garlic, cook it out. then add stock. Cook untill thighs are starting to soften, Chuck the potatoes in. It's done when they're cooked. Season. Whack some Parsley in. Bob's your uncle.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
You're doing this in a very strange order.

Fry the Leek in butter (add some diced carrots and celery if you want) . Get some colour on it. Chuck in your chicken thighs (diced). colour them. Add garlic, cook it out. then add stock. Cook untill thighs are starting to soften, Chuck the potatoes in. It's done when they're cooked. Season. Whack some Parsley in. Bob's your uncle.
My version will come out similar but be on the table 45 minutes quicker without the chicken being overcooked.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
My version will come out similar but be on the table 45 minutes quicker without the chicken being overcooked.
cant overcook a a chicken thigh in soup mate, unless you cooked the soup dry. If it was the case, curries wouldn't be a thing.. The maillard reaction does wonders to flavour. The order ive described causes it to occur on everything except the potato ;)

also this would take about an hour. so if your soup is coming out in 15 minutes, its not soup.