The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And the soup is finished...stick blender died halfway through the job, so the soup is a little chunkier than I intended. I also may not have needed to add as much Roquefort as I did, but it's in there now! Also a fail on the garlic olive oil drizzle...need to work on my aim.

IMG_20220530_164237565~2.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry to ask but - that is soup?
Ask away! Cauliflower soup, chunky and thick. It isn't much more than pure cauliflower steamed then pureed with a tiny amount of veggie stock, cream, and blue cheese. Then a few chunks of sauteed shallots and bacon in crushed garlic and tossed through it.

And a slightly heavy handed drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A cruel twist of fate has left me at home cooking for myself on a Sunday night! This isn't how I normally roll on a Sunday, but I have a fridge full of things I purchased earlier in the week and cooked so I wouldn't have to rely on garbage food from work for the last couple of days. Of course the kitchen team offered me some delicious meals and who was I to refuse their kindness? So I found myself a big piece of 9hr slow cooked wagyu (Shiraz, stock, garlic, dry herbs, salt) sitting in the fridge and a few wilting veggies. I picked up some sour cream on the way home from work and set about making a very ugly but delicious Wagyu stroganoff. Shallots, mushrooms, garlic, Shiraz...roux, sour cream, tarragon (hardly normal but delicious!).

Last edited: