The cooking thread

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Remember don't overwork your meat....
In saying that, I am an adherent to the "Sam the Cooking Guy "method of flipping protein (every minute or so)

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Seasoned sourdough is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.

I can't believe I've never done this before but it's amazing.

I like a slap of peanut butter or liverwurst on top. Yes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers, I was good. I love the sound of the knife tapping on crackling!

It occurred to me the other day that good cheese has to age somewhere and then I was wondering if plain old supermarket cheddar could be home aged into something nice? But...it's a 12+ month experiment.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
that pork looks tops!

I don't see why not, it has penecillin in it, but I suspect you don't want say blue cheese mould in there with meat... perhaps seperate ones?
This isn't my field but I would guess because the mould on the meat and cheese would be feeding on different things they wouldn't transfer. Wether you want your salumi smelling of ripe cheese is another question.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I had 2 hours today between getting home from a ride and work, so I roasted some pork. In my haste I cut a few lines a little deep. It was stuffed with hot mustard, garlic, oregano, and fennel seeds, salt, and pepper corns.

View attachment 375300

@indica do you think you could age cheese in your device?
A roast pork in our house is a 2 night affair...Roast dinner the first, Bahn Mi on the second.......the 2nd night is usually the highlight

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This isn't my field but I would guess because the mould on the meat and cheese would be feeding on different things they wouldn't transfer. Wether you want your salumi smelling of ripe cheese is another question.
O know I have purchased cheese with cured sausage in it and cured sausage with cheese in it, and often mix the 2 together...but I'm not sure I want the overlap!

A roast pork in our house is a 2 night affair...Roast dinner the first, Bahn Mi on the second.......the 2nd night is usually the highlight
I've got a pretty full house (of 1) and that piece was 1.5kg, so is good for about 3 days I think. Though between 2 meals of it yesterday and breakfast this morning, I'm not as confident as I was putting it in the oven.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
O know I have purchased cheese with cured sausage in it and cured sausage with cheese in it, and often mix the 2 together...but I'm not sure I want the overlap!

I've got a pretty full house (of 1) and that piece was 1.5kg, so is good for about 3 days I think. Though between 2 meals of it yesterday and breakfast this morning, I'm not as confident as I was putting it in the oven.
Better pump up your shocks to accommodate this planned upsizing.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Better pump up your shocks to accommodate this planned upsizing.

I'm already running them pretty stiff! Rear shock on one bike is at maximum air!!! I may need to look into these internal spacers people are talking about...and it's protein, so obviously is just making me super strong. I won't even need to work out and I'll have abbs.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'm already running them pretty stiff! Rear shock on one bike is at maximum air!!! I may need to look into these internal spacers people are talking about...and it's protein, so obviously is just making me super strong. I won't even need to work out and I'll have abbs.
Lots and lots of abs.