The colourful phrase dictionary

moorey

call me Mia
Not so much a colourful phrase, but a term I hadn't heard came up on a murder podcast.
'Excited utterance', or more so, how it applies to the law (possibly just the US?).
If someone found me dying, and I said '@Dozer strangled me', it would be inadmissible in court to use to prosecute him. But if I said '@Dozer strangled me, and I'm dying!' it would be admissible. If you know, or believe you are dying, it makes all the difference.
The amount of people who literally get away with murder on a technicality is mind boggling.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not so much a colourful phrase, but a term I hadn't heard came up on a murder podcast.
'Excited utterance', or more so, how it applies to the law (possibly just the US?).
If someone found me dying from a gunshot wound, and I said '@Dozer shot me', it would be inadmissible in court to use to prosecute him. But if I said '@Dozer shot me, and I'm dying!' it would be admissible. If you know, or believe you are dying, it makes all the difference.
The amount of people who literally get away with murder on a technicality is mind boggling.
I thought @Dozer did his dirt with his hands?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I recently learned the origin of "chunder".

Even seasoned mariners can experience seasickness. When a sailor working up in the rigging felt the turmoil of impending spew, he'd shout "watch under!" to warn others below of the imminent shower. The "wa" part was often lost in the noise of the storm, leaving "chunder" as the shout.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I recently learned the origin of "chunder".

Even seasoned mariners can experience seasickness. When a sailor working up in the rigging felt the turmoil of impending spew, he'd shout "watch under!" to warn others below of the imminent shower. The "wa" part was often lost in the noise of the storm, leaving "chunder" as the shout.
I did chuckle.