The boxed hard tail of Waltly.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
@wkkie what grips are they? I need some just like that.

Think...

ausdb

Being who he is

Think...
Ta, they're for junior so may be a bit big. Saying that this is how a set of Oury lock on knock off's have fared after 11 months!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

Think...
Correct. ODI Rouge. They don't make the grip shift (90mm) version anymore, so now it's hacksaw to the pairs I have left for now.

I'll give them a test, probably next week after I get the box back and finish the build.

I just need to do the brakes, get the spacers sorted for the hub body and install the box and then hit the trails.

wkkie

Had the first ride yesterday and it was a good first ride, aside from not having ridden a hardtail for such a long time and the legs being absolutely shot!

The rear end is very light and playful and the front end feels slacker than what I was after, but stuck to the trail nicely. Something to get used to.

The Tannus armour inserts feel really different to the traditional tubeless, a much more damped feeling.

The only change will be the pedals and I'm looking forward to getting done more time on this thing.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Heck yeah, looks great. Can you reduce the fork travel if you want to steepen it a smidge?

wkkie

Heck yeah, looks great. Can you reduce the fork travel if you want to steepen it a smidge?
Not on the latest version of the Durolux without an air shaft unfortunately.

I may throw a 27.5 up front down the track though.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Not on the latest version of the Durolux without an air shaft unfortunately.

I may throw a 27.5 up front down the track though.
If you have a belt that's a tooth or two longer you'd be able to weight the front a bit more that way too. Either way, doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary by the geo chart, might just take a couple of rides until it 'clicks'.

wkkie

Don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed with it.

For some reason I was absolutely spent on the ride yesterday, so it will take a few more rides to get it spot on.

More rides under the belt will be good.

slowmick

38-39"
Great looking bike. The tubes look massive in the photos. I love it.
Did you get any questions on the trails about your single speed e-bike?

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks very nice !
I have a question - what are the fittings on the brake hoses at the levers/what kinda brake hoses are they ?

wkkie

Nice looking bike..I'm in the queue at Waltly for something similar. Got most of the gear already, but frame's gonna be 3-4 months. How long did you have to wait?
From memory, it was about 10 weeks build time and about a week shipping.

Took about a week and a half to finalise the little frame details on the design like bottle mount and cable guide locations.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Copy, will be worth the wait I'm sure..I found they were pretty accommodating within the design process. Hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your braze on idea yesterday for cable routing around the head tube. Can't wait to get a look at the finished product.

wkkie

Don't mind at all! I borrowed the idea from Dartmoor. It's excellent for getting rid of cable rub, keeps everything neat and in place!

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Yep..that's them. Neat idea..thanks for sharing. I'll probably only use the one on the left side initially, for the shifter. No dropper for me and running back brake line internal. Sure I'll find something for the rhs