The Bin Chicken

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
I don't see too many of these around these parts, not sure if it's just me or what..
Anyway, a recent move to Tassie prompted new to sell my ageing Norco Sight and get something more suitable to my new terrain (note: I said terrain not abilities).
Hence this acquisition. My Ibis Ripmo AF, ngx build. The only change so far is to swap out the dual Assagei's for a DHF/Dissector combo.

Anyway, great bike, loving it. Faster flowier riding already on the first month of ownership. Yah yah..

Thanks to @Asininedrivel for prompting me to look further into what I originally thought was an ugly bastard of a bike.

Here she is :

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I don't see too many of these around these parts, not sure if it's just me or what..
Anyway, a recent move to Tassie prompted new to sell my ageing Norco Sight and get something more suitable to my new terrain (note: I said terrain not abilities).
Hence this acquisition. My Ibis Ripmo AF, ngx build. The only change so far is to swap out the dual Assagei's for a DHF/Dissector combo.

Anyway, great bike, loving it. Faster flowier riding already on the first month of ownership. Yah yah..

Thanks to @Asininedrivel for promoting me to look further into what I originally thought was an ugly bastard of a bike.

Here she is :

Nice! I've heard good things about the Ripmo.
Where in Tassie have you moved to?

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
And George Town now too!

I'm at Latrobe, a Wild Mersey suburb:p
Ah cool, the North is where it's at, so much good riding around, even in launny itself.

I'm yet to get to G-town, but it's only 30 mins away so I won't have to plan too hard to get there.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Ah cool, the North is where it's at, so much good riding around, even in launny itself.

I'm yet to get to G-town, but it's only 30 mins away so I won't have to plan too hard to get there.

Yep we are pretty spoilt for choice. Great time to be a mountain biker in Tassie.

George Town is pretty good for what they have done so far and the next stage down the road is bigger again.

rstim

Likes Dirt
I've had mine for over a year now does ride really well. Mine is the same colour but a Deore build in XL size might see you around as I'm at Bridport another outer suburb of Derby and Georgetown.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
I've had mine for over a year now does ride really well. Mine is the same colour but a Deore build in XL size might see you around as I'm at Bridport another outer suburb of Derby and Georgetown.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
You must be smack bang in the middle! I get to Bridport a bit as we have some mates living there. Great spot. Come say hi if you ever see a medium red Ripmo!

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I don't see too many of these around these parts, not sure if it's just me or what..what I originally thought was an ugly bastard of a bike.
I'm shocked there aren't more of these (or the Ripley AF's) out in the wild. Perhaps it is the looks. They seem to fall into a bit of a no-mans land between carbon superbikes and people who value-oriented and cross-shopping them against Giants, Treks etc. I personally put more value on the DW link than fancy deraillers etc.

Anyway I am loving mine, Deore build in silver. Unfortunately the forks are currently being warrantied for tight bushings (feel great smashing on the trail, but sticky in the carpark). Common issue with the Onyx apparently.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
I'm shocked there aren't more of these (or the Ripley AF's) out in the wild. Perhaps it is the looks. They seem to fall into a bit of a no-mans land between carbon superbikes and people who value-oriented and cross-shopping them against Giants, Treks etc. I personally put more value on the DW link than fancy deraillers etc.
Yeah I reckon you may be right. For some reason the ripmo silhouette just has not translated well into alloy. And the paint job reminds me of something like an old diamond back from 10 years ago!
If they could improve the aesthetic (and I'm not talking about mass appeal, just modernising it a bit) then they would have a total hit on their hands.