The Big Finish

...I wonder if there were some specific tunes they steered clear of? Careful with that axe...One of these days...Groovin in cave with a pict (or whatever it is called).
Haha, that's a very good question. I'll be sure to ask Dad next time we speak.

Another band that does huge tracks & colossal finishes which I'm surprised no one has offered up yet- Tool.

Tool Aenema
[video=youtube;uCEeAn6_QJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEeAn6_QJo[/video]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Saw tool on their aenema tour...big finish it was not. Newcastle united bar on the hill roof leaked and blew their shit up. Minor tantrum and off stage they went. Opened the gig with 3rd eye! Was pretty far out right up til the blow out.

Ouch, you lucked out. Caught their Aenema tour at Festival Hall when I was living in Brisbane & they killed it. Have also been lucky to see them a few times in Melbourne over the last 10 years & I'm yet to be disappointed by their live show- everything's just...big!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I went and saw status quo with my dad a few years back. It was a good show. They finished with every band member playing a different piece of music on guitar...and waltzing together. Then worked the neck on their partners guitar while striking/plucking their own and continuing to dance. It was quite impressive.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Absolutely.

And for the record, I love The Wall - both the album and the movie.

I've never looked in to the details such as Bob Geldof, the context of the album or anything. I've just listened/watched and enjoyed.

slowmick

38-39"
Rage against the machine (bullet in the head), Motely Crue (misunderstood) and Megadeth (use the man) all love a good rock and roll ending. USed to be the way we wrote songs when i was in a meatl band. almost wound up alling the album it starts ff slow and then goes nuts. got to love a bit of double time till end...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Absolutely.

And for the record, I love The Wall - both the album and the movie.

I've never looked in to the details such as Bob Geldof, the context of the album or anything. I've just listened/watched and enjoyed.
I think thats the best way to enjoy it. Trying to reveal too much meaning/story is a deep rabbit hole! Definitely a start to finish album though, its hard to cherry pick songs without getting drawn in:)

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Couple of knock out punches that play to my current taste.

[video=youtube;XSjT1JBLnN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjT1JBLnN4[/video]

Paint it black, you devil!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
[video=youtube;7lZZ1_K71-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lZZ1_K71-c#[/video]

Can you hear me from a thousand miles, screamin' at the stars.
Can you pull me up to Jupiter when I'm all hung up on Mars.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haha, that's a very good question. I'll be sure to ask Dad next time we speak.

Another band that does huge tracks & colossal finishes which I'm surprised no one has offered up yet- Tool.

Tool Aenema
[video=youtube;uCEeAn6_QJo]
Did you ever get an answer to this question @shake_rattle_and_roll?

Is there a bigger concert finale?

danncam

Likes Dirt

Mudhoney were my grunge band fave back in the day. Hella noise, feedback and so much fun live. Not a good name for a song but good finish