The Bi-Annual HamboCairns needs to ride thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Don’t do a Moorey. I planned a quick 17km/350m blat today on the shortened home loop now that it’s finally dry enough. Only took the 600ml bottle, which is usually plenty if I pre-hydrate. Weather and trails were so nice I did 6 repeats of a 2km extension loop (now 28km/750m) with jump/descents/climb then realised I was a fair way from home without sufficient water.
Got home, downed over a litre, and I’ll drink more, but will probably pay the price later in the day.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Don’t do a Moorey. I planned a quick 17km/350m blat today on the shortened home loop now that it’s finally dry enough. Only took the 600ml bottle, which is usually plenty if I pre-hydrate. Weather and trails were so nice I did 6 repeats of a 2km extension loop (now 28km/750m) with jump/descents/climb then realised I was a fair way from home without sufficient water.
Got home, downed over a litre, and I’ll drink more, but will probably pay the price later in the day.
Don't do a beeb either. I worked this morning so forgot to follow Dr @moorey's patented Prehydrate+ program, had a carb-laden lunch and went out and rode into howling western suburbs headwinds in three directions. Rode ~20km of bike path and I am utterly smashed. Felt like I rode uphill the whole time. Still better than no ride though for once-a-weekers (weakers?) like myself.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When you wet the bed?

The best way to follow up a mishap like this is to double down...really salty meaty Brazilian bbq dinner and a lot of beer will see you through @moorey!