Teenagers and Mobile Phone Plans ....

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
we have just gone with this deal half an hour ago....will give it a shot...

she will be using partners old Iphone 5....given she is likely to drop it etc...

thanks everyone
If you're going with an iPhone, you can just turn off mobile data per each app, so you can allow find my phone etc, but have others wifi only. I've got my sons ipod touch setup like this, works great.

will2

Likes Dirt
You say you don't want data but data is key, Facebook messenger is very powerful.
What phone are you getting her? That would largely weigh on the decision I would say.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
As an educator of 20+ years. As an educator who works with behaviour management, student welfare and disengaged youth... and as the parent of a 12 year old girl, I have to make one point.

The single worst thing you can do for a 12 year old girl, is buy her a mobile phone.

Now, I'll just slip on my fire retardant suit and wait for the flames.

Cheers
Muz.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As an educator of 20+ years. As an educator who works with behaviour management, student welfare and disengaged youth... and as the parent of a 12 year old girl, I have to make one point.

The single worst thing you can do for a 12 year old girl, is buy her a mobile phone.

Cheers
Muz.
The bullshit she will dodge, may be outweighed by any issues that arise from her being the odd one out...

climberman

Likes Dirt

Cheers
Muz.
As the dad of a (not going overall too well) 14y.o. girl, I kind of agree.

Once the genie is out though, it's all over red rover.

Prepaid definitely. Some plans will allow free calls to preselected numbers so if they run out of credit they can still call mum or dad or gran.
Dales, been looking for a plan like this without success - any chance you can point a brother in the right direction?

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
We have our daughter on Virgin mobile pre paid $19, will give 3 months acess. Can call and text vigin mobiles free. This works for us as we are all on the Virgin network (optus)

mason33

Likes Dirt
Vaya (pronounced via) $18 a month, $650 calls, unlimited sms,1.5gb data and excess data charged at $10 per gig, first month free, no charge for sim.