Tdf 2016

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
First stage was action packed. Contador went down hard but seems ok.
Hoping Porte finishes at the top, but feel Froome and Quintana are one level above.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I think you've named the top three there. It will be interesting to see what Froome can do climbing without Porte for assistance. If Porte gets Tejay working for/with him he's a good chance.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
This race is becoming a joke. 1st the 1km to go sign falls on a rider. Now the leaders run up the ass of the TV motorbike and Froome starts running without his bike.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Don't forget that a following motorbike ran into the crashed riders & broke Froome's frame!

At least the organisers did the right thing & neutralised the finish. Fucking fans are out of fucking control!

Minlak

custom titis
I seriously think it is social media and the look at me NOW!!! mentality has become so ingrained. Everyone wants a pic or a selfie it is out of control. you would think 1km from a finish should be barricaded.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Barricades were an issue. They were lined up the originally planned finish, starting around 5km to go, but high winds meant the organisers cut the course short late in the proceedings.

Logistically, moving all those barriers back down the course wasn't going to happen. But all the spectators have legs & they walked down to the new finish area, cramming into what was already a crowded area.

http://gu.com/p/4pvf6?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

A general clusterfuck from all concerned.

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It hasn't gotten better or worse since social media came along. Check out the footage of the 2004 Alpe D'Huez TT stage.......!

There were just too many people.

peanut

Likes Dirt
It hasn't gotten better or worse since social media came along. Check out the footage of the 2004 Alpe D'Huez TT stage.......!

There were just too many people.
Have to agree, went along and saw a few stages in '05 whilst on a mtb holiday in france.
your mostly waiting around all day for 1 minute of spectacle in the popular spots, add beer,wine, ego's etc & general fuckwitery ensues. saw some grown men wearing things & doing things that have haunted me ever since.....
Thats actually pretty tame though, it's when the sponsorship caravan comes through throwing products into the crowd, that's a true show of human behaviour at it's worst, entertaining... but in a sad way.