Tasmania - the secrets unlocked...

bhibbert

Likes Bikes
Get on trailforks app. It has most of the local trails upload now. It helps for planning longer rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buntley

Likes Dirt
Off to Maydena then Derby in January. When in NZ have always hired a minibus and box trailer but that option is proving to be way expensive. has anyone got any recommendations for cheap minibus and or trailer hire in Hobart.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
How many of you are there, and how long are you planning to stay in each location? If you are just hitting the two spots there are MTB transfer services which might work out cheaper than a bus/ trailer hire for the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buntley

Likes Dirt
Cheers, about 6-8, flying into Launceston, arrive Saturday in Maydena, ride till Tuesday-Wednesday, then to derby, fly back to Brisbane Sunday, 8 days in total.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Get the 4door ute. I rented it through Budget at 300 for 4 days and has a tailgate pad supplied plus 60 bucks for bike racks if needed.
Two of them will do the trick for you guys and be 30ish a head per day or less

Buntley

Likes Dirt
Is that budget car Rentals? I did a search on a 4wd for the week it was $2300, even a little a Kia Rio came in at $1400?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Yeah, 6-8 people utes will be your best bet. I’ve not heard of anywhere that does a minibus trailer combo

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Is that budget car Rentals? I did a search on a 4wd for the week it was $2300, even a little a Kia Rio came in at $1400?

Budget Trucks. If there is 6 of you going then it'll be about $22 a head per day that you have it. 572 x 2 trucks / 9 days / 6 people
You should be able to drop it off anytime in day with no extra charge

climberman

Likes Dirt
Folks,
Am heading to Derby and Maydena for next week with the missus.
Will we be able to buy brake pads there (guides, guide RSC's)?
Running out of time to get to stores in business hours at home and Sydney CBD is fucked for mtb supplies (great if I'm chasing $45 socks to match the road kit though)

Binaural

Eats Squid
You should be able to get some in Derby, there are a few well-stocked bike shops there - try giving them a call and getting them to set them aside. If you are in a huge hurry, you could hit up Bikebug (who have Code pads in stock after a cursory google) and either pick them up in-store at Walsh Bay the next morning.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Folks,
Am heading to Derby and Maydena for next week with the missus.
Will we be able to buy brake pads there (guides, guide RSC's)?
Running out of time to get to stores in business hours at home and Sydney CBD is fucked for mtb supplies (great if I'm chasing $45 socks to match the road kit though)
One of my mates runs Evolution biking in Derby he should have pads, he has parts for most stuff now.
You could give the shop a ring to confirm though.
Same with Maydena pretty sure they carry pads especially for Sram.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Evolution biking in Derby has a great stock of spares, I got gear cables and a disc rotor there.

Maydena has spares but didn't have much in stock when I was there. I had to wait till I got back to Derby to swap out my 1mm thick rear rotor.