Tan Wall tyres, would you ever?

• I eat peanut butter so tan wall's are ok

• Tan wall's are the shiz

• Black is the only colour for a tyre!

• Anyone who runs them should be chased out of town with pitchforks

Results are only viewable after voting.

PJO

in me vL comy
Haven't made up my mind about whether I like them or not.
On some bikes they look good like this one where the red goes well and the kashima kinda matches:

but on some bikes they look like dog vomit:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Looks aside...how were those hutchy krakens?
Roll well, great leant-right-over side knobs, reckon they'd climb well but don't have the terrain to really test them. They have the empty channel between upright and leant over knobs, and my terrain and style puts me right on that channel so I've moved on to more uniform Pirellis. If I was riding softer, more loamy dirt I reckon I'd stay on them.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do like the look but it is a 2 tyre commitment when you can just buy black single tyres at a time. It is too easy for bike companies to release multiple shades of tan in order to creat a panic buying matchy matchy frenzy. You must resist.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I do like the look but it is a 2 tyre commitment when you can just buy black single tyres at a time. It is too easy for bike companies to release multiple shades of tan in order to creat a panic buying matchy matchy frenzy. You must resist.
This^

And even more if one gets destroyed prematurely. You end up with a perfectly good tyre hanging up.
You may also have hung up a half decent black tyre to go skinwall.
Remind me why I need my 2 to ride 29ers next... massive tyre stack be gone :D

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I was going to start a similar thread but g00gle saved me (can't search three letter words on RB btw).

I love the tan wall look but only for certain bikes - these look great to me -

Schwalbe Bronze.jpg

Schwalbe-Decade-of-Super-Race-Ground-Trail-Gravity-Downhill-actual-weights-racing-ralph-ray-No...jpg

Mullet Honeymaker.jpg